Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA Issues Statement Regarding GTX 970 [39045]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA Issues Statement Regarding GTX 970 [39045] Reply with quote

NVIDIA's co-founder Jen-Hsun Huang has issued a statement regarding the infamous VRAM reports surrounding the GeForce GTX 970. Je-Hsun Huang admitted that this memory architecture was created so that reduced-configurations of Maxwell can have a larger framebuffer (otherwise the GTX970 would come with 3GB of VRAM) and t

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the first time nvidia has blatantly mislead consumers on what there products/

sure most 970's dont' care, however I'm sure a good few bought that card for a proper usable 4gb vram, and those expecting to use it properly will find out that once they go over 3.5gb in game(s) they will have even worse performance because of it.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Not the first time nvidia has blatantly mislead consumers on what there products/

sure most 970's dont' care, however I'm sure a good few bought that card for a proper usable 4gb vram, and those expecting to use it properly will find out that once they go over 3.5gb in game(s) they will have even worse performance because of it.

They won't, they can't. Driver locks it. Huang is full of shit. There is one game that can accidentally access those 512MB, but that will be fixed too, if not already fixed. Reality is, it's a 3.5GB card. And it's a good card.
It was wrongly marketed and Huang should save his BS for the court.

Nevertheless, this whole thing is blown out of proportion imho. You are not going to use more than 2.5~3GB VRAM on a single card, you need 2 cards for multimonitor or 4K gaming setups and 3.5GB is either enough or even 4GB wouldn't be enough. With DX12 memory from all cards will be used, meaning, if you have SLI gtx970 you will have 7GB vram available.

But, 3.5 is not 4 and nV should pay the price for this shit, whatever that price turns out to be.

I'd still rather buy GTX970 than any other AMD card because bad practice is AMD's middle name. Removing shit from drivers, shitty powerplay, shitty drivers and constant lagging behind with game support...just to name a few things...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I'm fine with my lowly 660. Runs great in everything and I don't need my settings maxxed. By the time I get a new card, the drivers will have matured too. Let those with deep pockets realize the greatness of their cards or the lack of. Then I can base my upgrade off their experiences. You go run out and buy the latest a greatest as soon as it hits the shelf, you pay the consequences of owning a barely tested video card. No sympathy here for anyone who bought these cards. More money than brains.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't need sympathy, cards work just fine. They worked fine before the 3.5GB news, nothing has changed for the owners really. Performance they saw in articles and reviews is still there.

If I read a review, look at the performance numbers and like them, I go out and buy the product, and am happy with it, telling me that the product is not exactly what the box says is not going to change the way it works will it?! It's still that same product that I liked.

Now, I read excuses like "but I was buying a 4GB card to be future proof", well, fu*k you sir, You were shelling out 400$ and were probably coming from a 400$ card that you bought just six months ago. Future proof to guys that throw 400+ $ at GPUs is more like 6 months to a year. This whole 3.5GB circus won't even die out yet and those 970 owners will be jumping on some new GPU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: