Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Windows 10 build 9926 released [38871]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Windows 10 build 9926 released [38871] Reply with quote

Download: Windows 10 build 9926 - Microsoft has released
another Windows 10 build (Windows 10 9926 English: x86 | x64)
for the Windows Insider program and this release brings with it a
plethora of new features including Cortana, Continuum and a bunch
more.  The build includes much of what Microsoft sho

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Windows 10 build 9926

Anyone cared to check?

Quote:
iPhone has secret software that can be remotely activated to spy

We already knew that before Showden.

Quote:
Apple Allows China To Search Its Software For Backdoors

With the backdoors carefully removed, of course.

Quote:
Scientists successfully extend lifespan of human cells

So the rich are now happy.
doodah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Quote:
Windows 10 build 9926

Anyone cared to check?

It is indeed out!

Or did you mean what it's like? It's good - although they're starting to move some of the control panel stuff into the metro apps, but these aren't full screen, so it's not ALLLLL bad. Solid OS for an alpha/beta..
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodah wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Quote:
Windows 10 build 9926

Anyone cared to check?

It is indeed out!

Or did you mean what it's like? It's good - although they're starting to move some of the control panel stuff into the metro apps, but these aren't full screen, so it's not ALLLLL bad. Solid OS for an alpha/beta..

Yeah, I mean actual hands-on stuff.
You know, from user's (and maybe gamer's perspective).
We bitch a lot about WinDOS, so I wonder how much of that bitching was already mitigated in the new Windows 10 build.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We bitch a lot about WinDOS, so I wonder how much of that bitching was already mitigated in the new Windows 10 build.

I will wait for Windows 10 final. But it's good to know what we can expect Very Happy

A sea of Macbooks at the Windows 10 unveiling Laughing
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot. They are also using MS office on their mac books. Laughing
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those poor saps who spend 2x more on apple just to show off. Sad.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
A sea of Macbooks at the Windows 10 unveiling Laughing

lol
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

what do you mean its not all bad.. everything about metro is fking shit from its piss poor square shit graphics and most of its fking crap apps.

Windows 10 as a OS doesn't even get fking basic shit done right anymore. Need a calculator with an icon on the deskstop/taskbar etc download a better one. Microphone recorder? (I haven't seen winshite 10 version, but last time I checked Win8 came with what can only described with the most fking dumbed fking garbage for a basic microphone recorder, it was if i remember a large fking icon in the middle of the screen, with fuck all options not even a timeline, I can only think MS got some fking intern to make it. How is that fking progress when Win95 came with better fucking built in basic applications to use on the OS. Win8/10 just comes with shit I'd rather just uninstall.

Sorry but fuck these morons who say win10 is alright you dumbed down fking lemmings.

Everything about the OS control panel and customizability of the OS is a fking joke and a mess, it looks like fking shit for idiots who need large spaced out fonts with fuck all options in between.

Win10 is just Microsucks answer to pushing more infestering cloud metro shit, with its dumbed down tablet interfaces with fuck all options.

Where the fuck is the actual improvements for the desktop OS?!?!? even Explorer? Its file system where are the real improvements to anything here.. DX shitting 12 that cannot possibly be added to past OS for $$$$ reasons is about the only fking improvement worth considering, and thats tied to games actually even utilizing it.

If you have show hidden files enabled in explorer does the desktop.ini file show on the desktop.. yes ...MS you lazy fucks.

They aint done shit all worth upgrading from Win7.. it might be a OS worth upgrading to from Metroshit 8, but i'll stick with Win7 where the OS control panel and startmenu still has resemblance to being made for desktop with actual fucking consistency to Aero UI design.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A sea of Macbooks at the Windows 10 unveiling Laughing"

lol ... Well those morons are the target audience.. so that is why its all going to shit..

gj crApple soon Windows will be as shitting useless as OSX.
doodah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Quote:

what do you mean its not all bad.. everything about metro is fking shit from its piss poor square shit graphics and most of its fking crap apps.

So don't use it! I've used Win8 since it was out and have never used a Metro app. Simple as..

Koogle wrote:
Windows 10 as a OS doesn't even get fking basic shit done right anymore. Need a calculator with an icon on the deskstop/taskbar etc download a better one. Microphone recorder? (I haven't seen winshite 10 version, but last time I checked Win8 came with what can only described with the most fking dumbed fking garbage for a basic microphone recorder, it was if i remember a large fking icon in the middle of the screen, with fuck all options not even a timeline, I can only think MS got some fking intern to make it. How is that fking progress when Win95 came with better fucking built in basic applications to use on the OS. Win8/10 just comes with shit I'd rather just uninstall.

Uh, you mean this?

Koogle wrote:
Where the fuck is the actual improvements for the desktop OS?!?!? even Explorer? Its file system where are the real improvements to anything here.. DX shitting 12 that cannot possibly be added to past OS for $$$$ reasons is about the only fking improvement worth considering, and thats tied to games actually even utilizing it.

If you have show hidden files enabled in explorer does the desktop.ini file show on the desktop.. yes ...MS you lazy fucks.

Come on Koogle, get your facts right - that only shows if you show protected system files, not show hidden files.

I agree they need to progress the filesystem though. The only real improvement they've added is background filesystem checks - no more pauses on boot while it runs checks.

Koogle wrote:
They aint done shit all worth upgrading from Win7.. it might be a OS worth upgrading to from Metroshit 8, but i'll stick with Win7 where the OS control panel and startmenu still has resemblance to being made for desktop with actual fucking consistency to Aero UI design.

In 10, they've added Cortana, multiple desktops, notifications look much better, among others and they've not even finished yet!
Win 8, there was window snapping, it used less resources than 7, the lock screen has more info on it, the ribbon in Explorer actually makes it quicker to do certain jobs, new task manager is REALLY nice, it boots and shuts down quicker, USB3 is built in and file transfers actually give you options when stuff exists/can't be changed/etc.

Before you post, just take a deep breath...

Laughing
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe Very Happy

I'm not Windows nor Microsoft fan Smile But I must admit that Windows 8.1 with StartIsBack runs better than Windows 7 SP1. (better memory management, etc..simply they have beter kernel). Metro is crap, but it's easy to ignore it Smile

Based on what I have seen, I think Windows 10 is going to be a major success - more so than even Windows 7. Really appreciate the interface changes (Continuum), multiple desktops, Spartan, Cortana...Simply, Windows 10 looks promising for old-school PC users. You know, like gamers with desktop PC.

Of course, I share the skepticism of all the people questioning Windows 10 also. What's with the free upgrade? Why all of a sudden? I need to know a lot more before I upgrade!!
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the win10 preview for a few months now. It's got a few stability issues, but it's not a whole lot different from win7 other than they moved a bunch of things around, kinda like how they do with each version of Office they release.

The 2 main things I've noticed with the latest build is Cortana and an enhanced notifications center.

Cortana replaces the search/run menu and seems similar to Spotlight on the Mac.
The notification center is on the taskbar, and holds app notifications, similar to what you see on smartphones.

Stability-wise, since the latest build, my audio driver occasionally crashes and needs a restart.
If a fullscreen game crashes (for example, New Vegas), you can not view your desktop until the process is killed. You can bring up task manager, but can not see the program to kill the process, so you either have to log out or create a shortcut to kill the process in advance.

So far, maybe about 10% of programs don't work, but that's kinda expected.
imgarfield
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I find it annoying to be recommended to "ignore" Metro, considering it is the major "progress" and "investment" done to the OS in the last 5 years.
If I am to ignore Metro, Win7 is just fine! Even officially the performance boost in Win8 is 10% tops! Simply not worth it. It is that simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: