Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Project CARS Will Support 12K Resolutions [38830]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Project CARS Will Support 12K Resolutions [38830] Reply with quote

Bandai Namco has released a new official trailer for Slightly Mad StudiosÂ’ Project CARS. Project CARS will be coming to PC on March 17th, and the publisher has also listed the game's key features. According to them, Project CARS will pack the largest track roster of any recent racing game, a fully dynamic weather and T

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the game’s key features:

• A huge variety of motorsports and reflected car culture with relevant rules and formats
• The largest track roster of any recent racing game
• A freeform career mode that allows you to choose your own path with Historic Goals to earn, Accolades to win, Endorsements to sign, and Invitations to receive
• Competitive online with features such as ‘join in progress’ and invite-only sessions
• Fully-dynamic weather and time of day
• Race weekends including warmup sessions, practices, qualifying, and two-race format
• Pit stops and pit strategy creation for different scenarios and events (eg.. endurance)
• Deep tuning setup creation
• Asynchronous play via the Driver Network – Time Trial mode with downloadable ghosts and regularly-scheduled Community Events
• Save and share your proudest moments with photos and replays
• Player tailoring and accessibility features – dial the game to your own particular skill and comfort level
• Playable either at a cinematic 12K resolution or on a more intimate scale with Oculus Rift, Project Morpheus, or nVidia Shield
• Support for over 40 different wheels and peripherals
• Second screen support via apps created by the community through the Project CARS API
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These car games start to look all right, but they lack the fun factor.
Effed up physics, skidding, etc just kill them.

Take Assetto Corsa's first car (whatever that was for the whole two minutes I tried driving it): you're driving a tiny car (weights what, 6-800kg?) yet you just can't take a turn (or stop) at the speed of 60 because you feel like you're driving on black ice. So, you hit the grass/gravel/whatever is in front of you.
It's truly pathetic that they invest so much in graphics while the physics - which happens to be more important - is effed up.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's truly pathetic that they invest so much in graphics while the physics - which happens to be more important - is effed up.
Welcome to the gaming industry for the last decade+. Fluff/Eye Candy over Substance/Lastability/True Gameplay. Wink
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
These car games start to look all right, but they lack the fun factor.
Effed up physics, skidding, etc just kill them.

Take Assetto Corsa's first car (whatever that was for the whole two minutes I tried driving it): you're driving a tiny car (weights what, 6-800kg?) yet you just can't take a turn (or stop) at the speed of 60 because you feel like you're driving on black ice. So, you hit the grass/gravel/whatever is in front of you.

actually, they got it quite right, you just need to learn to drive Very Happy It's not an arcade game and if you were really doing just 60, you
a) didn't let go of gas pedal
b) started turning in too late
c) playing with keyboard. It is not meant for keyboard. Need for speed shift is also next to impossible to play on keyboard compared to gamepad or steering wheel. Project Cars will probably be the same.
Anyway, Asseto C. Isn't any harder than GT5 from PS3.

I played it no problem with a wheel and pedals. There is a new car out also, a Lambo, I didn't try it yet, I don't own a steering wheel, have to go to friends place.

I agree though, single player racers today are not really fun if you don't like track driving, cheating AI with bad manners and ethics etc. I want NFS most wanted remake or new one. Same physics and all, just better graphics.

Try 'Split Second', it's a fun arcade game Smile
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I played it with keyboard. That explains corners and such.
But that does not explain the physics when bumping into other cars and such things.

Does it support the Momo Racing wheel?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Yeah, I played it with keyboard. That explains corners and such.
But that does not explain the physics when bumping into other cars and such things.

Does it support the Momo Racing wheel?

idk, most likely, I played it on my friends logi G25. Keyboard has the same problem as in NFS shift series, it takes time to steer once you press the direction button so you can't steer fast or slow just one speed and it's not enough/good for driving. You can try with gamepad, sticks are analog and should provide decent experience,, worked for me in Shift series.

btw. Bumping into cars is very forgiving in GRID, SHIFT and other games. As someone who had an actual real life bumps, it depends where you bump or get bumped but side-rear bumps spin you out, no matter how small. In GRID autosport you can bump AI car @200mph and it will be like you bumped him straight back doing 20 mph, but if they bump you - you go out of track most of the time. LAme AI cheaters. xD

PS. it is probably REALLY hard to correct after a bump using keyboard due to flat response time with steering, braking, accelerating etc.
What I am saying is, you can't really judge the game physics with keyboard. Take a look at youtube videos where guys did side by side comparison reallife/Asseto/Project Cars and you will see that cars behave just fine (no other cars on tracks though) and manage the aprox. the same times over all 3 scenarios. There at least a dozen videos of this.
I am not defending the game or anything, just trying to establish the baseline here since these are more simulation oriented games like GT racing (PC, not PS) and such, not arcades. Nerve wrecking if you are not really into that stuff.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a mental note the next time I see that game somewhere...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: