Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Just Cause 3 Screenshots [38658]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Just Cause 3 Screenshots [38658] Reply with quote

Avalanche Studios has released a new set of screenshots for Just Cause 3, showing the beautiful visuals of its upcoming current-gen only open-world title. The game is currently planned for a 2015 release.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what have they actually improved whats good about this one?

it really doesn't even look like its better than farcry 3/4 to me..
Majnun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as much as I loved Far Cry 3 & 4 (which was alot)...

The difference is that in Just Cause 3 you will be able to drive a vehicle off a cliff, eject from that vehicle, use the grappling hook to hijack an enemy helicopter in mid-air, get into an aerial fight with 2 other helicopters, shoot down one of those, eject from your current heli and grapple onto the last enemy heli taking it over and then fly off to blow more crap up. This was possible in Just Cause 2 so I assume it will be in JC3.

In Far Cry 4 you can use the grappling hook to...climb some cliffs in very limited pre-set spots. And the little gyrocopters could be shot down by a couple dudes with pistols from the ground. And the wingsuit sucked a goat pecker.

Unless of course the developers are morons and ruin the grapple & wingsuit in JC3...which seems pretty unlikely. So it'll be JC2 prettied up a little.

I doubt JC3 will have ride-able elephants though! Or badgers & rhinos.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the grappling hook in FC4 is actually a nice enhancement.. yeh it doesn't work on anything but specific areas where the hook attachment is placed.. but using it is pretty dynamic, jumping, climbing, swinging, etc its all pretty solid

I hope future FC editions start branching out to bigger areas/cities even like JustCause where the grappling hook could be used in more areas and ways.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried playing JC several times, but I am just to turned away from it by the grappling mechanics. It's to fiddly and more of a chore than fun, for me at least. It still appeals to me as an action packed game with great visuals, but I guess I am too lazy to play it, or too stupid to master it, idk. If they made it without the mandatory grappling hook mechanics and put in other alternative ways of gameplay, I would probably give it a chance but then again grappling hooks are what people love about the game so it's not happening. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: