Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Star Citizen Persistent Universe / Planetside Demo [38258]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Star Citizen Persistent Universe / Planetside Demo [38258] Reply with quote

Those of you looking forward to Star Citizen will want to check out this video featuring over ten minutes of gameplay.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its planetside and fps modeules i hope turn out to be the better thing about this game, because its actual ship movement & combat implementation is fucking shit. That is for both joystick and kb+m, seems the developers spend more time playtesting the fucking game with xbox gamepads, even though the say its a PC game. idiots
NyaR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
because its actual ship movement & combat implementation is fucking shit.

I find the actual ship movement and combat implementation incredibly fun and exhilarating and very well done.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have my reservations about this game.. Great gfx but how are the controls, how does it really play. It looks like a resource hog and looks like you will need a fancy new gfx card. If that's the case I won't be getting this game so I can play it at 800x600. I'm not buying a new video card just for one game. Pretty stupid too if they are selling this off as a PC game and they are indeed playing with gamepads.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NyaR wrote:
Koogle wrote:
because its actual ship movement & combat implementation is fucking shit.

I find the actual ship movement and combat implementation incredibly fun and exhilarating and very well done.

ships with fixed weapons are absolutely terrible to play with mouse

gimbaled weapons like on the hornet are semi ok to shoot down other ships with the mouse, but overall ship movement is bad simply because of the deadzone in the center of the screen for mouse control of the ship and no real improvements to customizing controls still ,deadzone input, and visual aid on deadzone etc... SC attempts at balancing the game around all peripherals instead of just making each input method as good as it possibly can. And just seperate Arena Commander pvp battles into user input preference, that way joysticks only against other joystick players, kb+m against kb+m.. bit like warthunders arcade kb+m, and simulation joystick absolutely required.

Quote:
It looks like a resource hog and looks like you will need a fancy new gfx card.

right now its fucking terrible, no optimization.. you still load up the game into a hanger with your ship(s) (this week they let you play in all ships, but the hanger is completely empty... so you basically spend like 1-2minute loading game assets, textures for no fucking reason and that's on an ssd).. really dumb when a simple main menu could be loaded up way faster, and let users go straight the gamemode/hanger they want to goto, without requiring unnecessary loading of things not needed.

I don't really recommend anyone buying into it, i got involved last year when they were doing LTI sales on ships, but its not like they need more $$$ at 56million in funding now. Better to wait and see what they actually release. Arena Commander module is not really worth it atm, there FPS module might be...I can see it being a good game in the end having something for anyone but such a long way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: