Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - GoPro unveils the HERO4 [38204]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: TechNews - GoPro unveils the HERO4 [38204] Reply with quote

NVIDIA Maxwell, GTX 980, GTX 970 Q&A With Tom Petersen - The
chaps over at PC Perspective held a little Q&A with NVIDIA's Tom
Peterson focusing on the recently launched Maxwell GeForce GTX 980
and GTX 970.
Windows 10: There are six new keyboard shortcuts - If you
are like many of the readers of

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Russian Video Clip - Must see it!

Am I missing something here??! This isn't any worse than the other crap I see.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Crazy Russian Video Clip - Must see it!

Am I missing something here??! This isn't any worse than the other crap I see.

well, this one took an actual effort to make, not just a funny FAIL like 99.999% of others do. Smile

anyway, meh.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hands On: Windows 10 Technical Preview

watch this instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuoboTvpDUc save 20mins+ looking at flat gui shit.

my main gripe is that the gui has that shit flat square theme going which is just a reminder of win8 metro shit.. if they added some better skinning features.. I just scrape out and disable all of its fucking infested spyware shit and tile crap etc.. It might be an ok upgrade from Win7 after the explorer shell extension and other applications get updated support for it.

but they really have done FUCK ALL to really improve much of anything, i'm sure a lot of the options are in the that metro gui crap just gets ugly uglier, going back to startmenu (that still looks like shit) windowed tiles.. these are not huge improvements these are things that Win8 should have fucking had from the start, and virtual desktops aren't so some fucking huge baseline improvement either... crappy linux desktops have had them for ages, its a piss poor method of workflow improvement and task management personally.

MS just brainless b0rg these days.

Win8 licenses should get this update for free as an apology Razz heh the probably skipped win9 just to avoid complaints from win8 userbase wanting exactly that Cool

Quote:
UK tourist gets $20,000 phone bill after downloading two TV episodes - A British tourist got a nasty surprise after getting back off holiday and realising she had run up an eye-wateringly high mobile phone bill of £12,500

telecom monopolies bigtime criminal scumbags .. ripping people off what a surprise. yet always after public tax money to build there privatized profit fucking infrastructure. I'm sure telcomes are putting all the money to good use.. NOT...

Quote:
15-year-old wins $25,000 scholarship for inventing a flashlight - Ann Makosinski, a 15 year old student from Canada, made a flashlight for her science fair project – a flashlight powered entirely by the body heat of the hand holding it.

pfff... I have to wonder if this was 15 old boy if he would have gotten any attention at all.. her next step is battery-less dildo anyway Laughing

Quote:
Google Drive for Education, gives unlimited storage to students

FUCK YOU GOOGLE, tax evading criminal spying scum, dumping some chump change on the education system to slowly take it over. "Google Drive for Education" yeh they really are inchworm driving to take over the education system. Can't see any evil abuse stemming from that.

also hx

Quote:
[NoScript] Blocking cross-site Javascript served from https://labnol.googlecode.com/files/youtube.js with wrong type info text/plain, attachment; filename="youtube.js" and included by http://www.ggmania.com/

Quote:
More in general, never include JavaScript files from a code repository: anybody can put any file there, so if NoScript allowed wholesale JavaScript files with the wrong content-type (which usually the repository set to a generic one in order to advise that the file is meant for download, rather than inclusion) it would put user in great danger.

so i've put it in a greasemonkey script for anyone with the same problem

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=WF3dtdhd
doodah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Quote:
Hands On: Windows 10 Technical Preview

watch this instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuoboTvpDUc save 20mins+ looking at flat gui shit.

Have you used iOS recently Koogle? Have you seen what Android L is going to look like? Flat look is in!
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat is cheap on design, and cheap on resources (barely any io/badnwidth on image loading), so quicker loading ...all these fucking web companies want to reduce load times on apps etc because the average user has the attention span of a fucking ant. welp its taking more than 3seconds to load.. I'll just do something else. COmpany.. oh noes precious data we can use to sellout our customer and boost our platform is going down!!!

So it works for mobiles which is where M$ flatshit color square were introduced first on windows wen/mobile.. they are just so fucking lazy they want consumers to accept that crap on desktops.

Developers/companies go along with it because its cheap and easy, and they need fuck all design skill or gui designer to hire.

Quiet frankly windows95 looked(could look) fucking better and at least had some sort design work, also color theming was there in semi detail for the desktop user to change colors for different parts of winform ui. M$ to fucking lazy to offer such customization and options anymore.. yet they roll in money because of fucking dumb people are these days.

WinXP went with full on gfx theming.
Vista kept gfx theming, but dumbed it down with color shading.
Both cases you needed thirdparty software to really get at doing themes for the OS.

Win8 went fullretard anti gui customization and trying to force people into liking this square flat color tile shit which was a push to mobile , and getting developers doing crapps that MS could use to boost there shit mobile platform and bring there metro appshit into cloud spyware on the desktop. A win on all fronts for MS.

If MS weren't so fucking shit though, they would introduce a skinning api that allowed the windows theme to be customized much like css. So enthusiast could easily tailor there desktop to how they want with relative ease of using css styling markup and get away with doing some pretty cool theming of the gui without the need for photoshop and other thirdparty apps needed for theming the gui etc.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one is forcing you to do anything. If you do a little research you will find that most people don't even look at win UI save for taskbar. So why invest in that at all? Theming support would be nice tho, I agree with that. But again, most people I know, including myself, do everything in full screen. that 1% of time when I am doing something like copy/paste I really don't care. I also don't use win 8 start screen, I use start menu app instead, problem solved.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i don't do anything in fullscreen mcuh anymore.. everything windowed even production apps are often windowed.. with other relevant windows just behind.. depending on which direction is faster to mouse to... taskbar task, or window behind or altab but thats hit or miss cycling etc..

fullscreen applications/games to me is rarely used with larger lcd's which was partly white metro shit single tasking was such abig fuck you to anyone but tablet drones. The stupidity of M$ to even go so far as to bring window OS control panel options from windowed form (which was often more better usage of screenspace with more options), into there stinking pile of metro tile crap gui was a big stinking fuck you to anyone but the drone that accepts such pile of shit dumbed down interfaces oversized spaced out fonts etc.

I even play a lot of games windowed now, except for shooters then fullscreen makes sense for best focus.

Desktop is for quick multitasking. Also why virtual desktops never really appealed me to because the workflow isn't as fast, what is fast is being able to partly see as much application window space as possible all the time. Having to switch views or move windows about means you doing it wrong to me, but its all dependent on available screen space i guess, it works on a tablet because the screensize is to small that you need everything fullscreen really even with larger dpi screens.

Quote:
most people don't even look at win UI save for taskbar

Probably right, they must be fucking color blind aswel because win8 is just diabolical, win95 is better looking in most cases.

even win95 classic had fucking gradient title bar.. compared win8 flatshit color everywhere.

how can we improve OS performance for benchmark fucking nerds to review and say our new oS <insert version number> is better than old one people should upgrade from.. lets not have so much infested background service shit, nah lets have a dull gui that uses marginally less processing battery/power. The fucking nerds will write good reviews and help sell this shit.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what can I say, you apparently like distractions, while for instance I don't. While I fully dislike win 8 start screen and tile bullshit, I do like the clean UI. I am an UI designer and graphics designer btw. and I assume you are a coder/programmer so forgive me for not understanding your point of view on this matter, like I don't understand 100+ coders that I work with, tho, most of them use linux but all fail at even most basic aesthetics (that's why company hired UI designers) but I assure you, I would never approve of those ugly tiles in win 8, let alone design such a thing in that way. Tiles CAN be good but they are not implemented in an appropriate way, so as they are now, it looks raw and I wouldn;t even touch mobile winOS phones, that is just plain retarded design, probably done by some coder with that idea coming as an order from the management, that thought "we need boxes, but they can't be like on android or iOS so make them different, don't care how".

with all being said, having a complex UI would severely impact my own decisions in design and lucky for me, my managers don't see win8 UI design as trending thing so I am not steered in that direction.

PS. Maybe they were inspired by Piet Mondrian's paintings:

Very Happy

but those are paintings, not UI design, and also, if they are getting their idea from him - they are doing it wrong :d
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already too much discussion about M$. Fuck if anyone wants to go in a coma just read all this above. LOL! The facts have not changed. Since Win7, Windows is sucky and their implementation or sales tactics to throw tiles in and F up the start button turns everyone off. I will stay on Win7 for as long as I possibly can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: