Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Divinity: Original Sin Patch Adds AI Personalities [37607]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Adds AI Personalities [37607] Reply with quote

Larian Studios has released the first patch for its hardcore RPG, Divinity: Original Sin. This first patch fixes a zillion of issues that were reported by its fans, and adds a new feature called AI Personalities. Thanks to the patch, you can now select an AI personality at character creation, and your companion will ma

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Larian Studios has released the first patch for its hardcore RPG, Divinity: Original Sin.

The "1st" patch? The "10th" patch would be more accurate; it's been raining patches since release...
Apparently, this product was not finished before release, neither.
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Apparently, this product was not finished before release, neither.

Comments like this never fail to make me chuckle. Withhold the game until it is perfect and people complain it took too long. Ignore bugs and people rightly complain they aren't patching. Furiously patch and people complain it wasn't finished at release. Developers literally cannot win Wink

It has to be said that a small (or even large) pool of beta testers cannot find every bug or quirk caused by a specific hardware combination and given the near infinite combination of hardware, operating system/patch level and drivers so I have much more understanding for PC developers. As long as they acknowledge and fix the issues quickly you can't really ask much more even if the bug shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I have far less sympathy for console devs where the target platform is nearly identical on every install yet day 1 patches are necessary to fix major issues.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even still, with the dev time the game had it shouldn't be raining patches. Sounds like they were more interested in pushing it out to grab sales, possibly because of pending competition. Raining patches and as stated in this news article "1st patch" is erroneous.

I am considering getting this game, glad I waited. More time = more patches and a more stable game.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-dup post
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiamat wrote:
Developers literally cannot win

Sure they can: simply deliver quality products on schedule.
Everyone wins.

Today's devs seems to have interest in something, they don't mind making a few bucks in the process, but when they actually need to deliver something, they throw something together that works. Just works. They don't care how though.
kittomer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep nitpicking, then you'll be left with 10 million facebook pay to pay games as the only thing to play one day.

Just be glad someone still makes actual games.

It also must be great to be a flawless worker. I bet they have an altar for you guys at work, celebrating the superiority of your meticulous deeds.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not seeing any new games made, just remakes and clones.
Which would not be a problem if they were quality titles.

No, I am not flawless, but at least I stopped developing software once I was not motivated.

No, there was no altar. We had a jar for bug reports, clearly visible in the office for everyone to see and there were bonuses to compensate (and the bonus was bigger than your salary). You do the math.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: