Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

FlatOut [17761]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: FlatOut [17761] Reply with quote

Developed by Bugbear Entertainment (Rally Trophy makers), FlatOut is an action-packed racing game that is using physics not just as a neat little feature but as an important part of the gameplay. Unlike the other racing games, FlatOut focuses on ...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone try this out? Let me know how it is. Was gonna download the demo last night but forgot. My son loves racing cars and cars in general but even he is totally bored of NFS U2. Looking for something new to keep him going.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a cool game. Love the graphics. I'm hoping there is a way to disable the guy flying out of car in normal racing. I'd love if my son could play it but a little afraid the guy flying out of car is freaking him out. When your kid is saying "Dadda boom in car" that kinda tells me something. Hahahaha!! Ya great game, hopefully this is toggleable. But it appears to be somewhat of a feature and damn hilarious. I played this game/demo most of nite last night laughing my butt off when I flew out.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an excellent physics engine and the ragdoll driver is 'toggleable' in the full game
http://www.flatoutgame.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=798&PN=1

There is also a mod out for the demo i think? try searching the flatout forums
This link has mods etc for the game http://www.m4driving.it/files/139,1.html

The only thing i hate about it are the camera and replays are CRAP! Bugbear WONT patch it to support any of the wanted features and the folks have been waiting eons for the SDK, *if* it's going to be released...

If this had the amazing replay suite that Carmageddon had (switch to other drivers cars,amazing slow-mo,save replay and free cam etc,etc) then it would be a success, but it's more a technology demo once you've played it a 100 times like i have! LOL
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hilarious i searched their forums and came up with nothing.. Thanks for the info Stumpus. I don't know I love it. Myself I love the game. I haven't checked out the replays, actually just trying to finish a race without killing myself. Maybe I will read up on the forums a bit more and see what's up with the game. From the demo though, I really like it.. The graphics to me are just amazing!
CaptStar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you XXXX, this game is friggin amazing. Im playing the demo and I am addicted to it. The Highjump thing is the best part, im pretending there is an Extreme Auto Contest, along with commentators voiced by myself.
Ive been able to reach 106 metres, how about you XXXX?
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe it or not, runs well on my radeon 9700 pro. Definitely one of the best looking racing games I seen. The Nascar demo sucks really bad.
CaptStar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the new NASCAR demo, and when I installed it, I got an error so I said "screw this, ill download Flatout". Im glad I did.
Now if only I could get Counterstrike to work.
WAC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought this game and must agree with the review just go out and buy it ....lol at bill but seriously this game needs a backer there only a small company and the oline part of game just flat out wont work but the guys at mco forum are working hard on geting it up and runing with there own time and money they could do with a little suport.vist the forum here

http://www.team-mcomod.com/forum/index.php the game looks good game play is excelent and the most fun raceing game ive played this game is * Laughing *
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: