Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Nvidia: The Difference Between G-Sync & V-Sync [36067]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Nvidia: The Difference Between G-Sync & V-Sync [36067] Reply with quote

During its recent press event, Nvidia tried to illustrate the difference between G-Sync and V-Sync. As you may already know, G-Sync cannot be captured via regular cameras. Therefore, Nvidia claimed that a perfect V-Sync video (constant 60fps v-sync) is what G-Sync basically offers, even when the actual in-game framerat

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice how vsync was moving faster than gsync. gsync still suffers same problem. bs video. gimmick feature to me.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stick with the g-spot.
Hubbo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: That was useless Reply with quote

Not g-sync, just the videos. This looks like one of those technologies that can only be evaluated in person. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most community sites devoted to game hardware say it's nothing more than a marketing gimmick. So I'm pretty convinced, don't need a live demo. When people aren't buying your high priced pointless hardware you have to do other things to sway the weak minded.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that all the FPS and refresh rate business is highly subjective. Some people don't even notice that their monitor is blinking, produces tearing and/or other artifacts - and it's sure as hell that a recorded video played on your monitor is not going to make any difference; this is something you have to see in person. Especially when you have LCD monitors with those lazy pixels.

When you do go to see one of these in person, you might say you don't see any difference while others might see a huge improvement. Again, it's all subjective.

I know I can tell that a monitor/TV is blinking up to 75-80Hz or so and I can notice the difference between changes in the refresh rates up to 100Hz. A jump from 100Hz to 120Hz does not do a thing for me. Yes, I may notice the difference in the long run (less wear on the eye), but it's not obvious immediately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: