Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Xbox One is built for the future [36019]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Xbox One is built for the future [36019] Reply with quote

Graeme Boyd talks with Xbox Director of Product Planning, Albert Penello, about how advanced cloud computing, all new Kinect technology, and innovations in SmartGlass make Xbox One built for the future.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if they made it 5 years ago.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like an automobile, brand new consoles have lost there edge right off the lot and within the year.. meh.. already behind the times.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like when we buy PC hardware, your top bang 600 buck graphic card is all of a sudden a mid-range 250 job in 6 months.
Only difference is we keep pouring money into the PC to keep up with games, the games keep up with console.
At one time you easily got 2-3 years out of a graphics card. Now it's a pure piss take. Watchdogs requiring 6-8 core, hyper threading? Wtf, hyper threading was a dead duck back in about 94 when IL-2 was touted as using it.
Now it will sit in your rig doing fuck all for 99% of your gaming life.

PC/console? Both as bad as each other. Just depends who's got the thicker wooly jumper pulled over their eyes!
One is one outlay and guaranteed game support it's entire life, with no evolution in eye candy.
The other is constant outlay, with no guaranteed game support (unless you constantly feed it and buy M$ latest and greatest OS; DX 11.1 anyone?)
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except PCs can make you money and....wait for it.. PRODUCTIVE! Surprised
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all said above, except:
Stumpus wrote:
...M$ latest and greatest OS...

Their latest OS is no longer the greatest (unless you mean the size) and most likely it will never be. Just think about seeing the same rubbish on a console where you won't even be able to replace it...
All this console non-sense: they are quite all right as video games for kids. Problem is, they are no longer priced as such (the hardware, the games or the subscription model, they are all priced for an adult's budget), and, as a parent, I do not feel comfortable with people peeking into my house, possibly spying on my kids or worse. These are lines that nobody should step over when making video games for kids.
Now Tom will come and educate me that it's not for kids. Well, maybe, but then where are the proper games that stimulate an adult longer than an hour?

Last edited by Csimbi on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Just like when we buy PC hardware, your top bang 600 buck graphic card is all of a sudden a mid-range 250 job in 6 months.

Never bought a $600 card, never will. Why? because I got brains. And unlike you, we all don't have some stupid ego to satisfy. I have the same card for 3+ years and it runs everything top notch, minus AA which I don't give a shit about. Never have. I didn't buy ATI so I didn't/don't have to worry about shit drivers either and you want to talk discontinued products, look no further than ATI/AMD. Remember in the old days (unless the gimmick still exists) trading your old card in.

Stumpus wrote:

Only difference is we keep pouring money into the PC to keep up with games, the games keep up with console.
At one time you easily got 2-3 years out of a graphics card. Now it's a pure piss take. Watchdogs requiring 6-8 core, hyper threading? Wtf, hyper threading was a dead duck back in about 94 when IL-2 was touted as using it.
Now it will sit in your rig doing fuck all for 99% of your gaming life.

For anyone that actually knew what was going on, read sites like a real Tech buff would do, everyone knew hyper threading did nothing. That's why none of my PC's ever had it. I had customers ask to get it and with very little explanation they trusted me it didn't do shit and was just a waste of money. If you got it, you were one of those idiots. And again, only idiots go out and buy a new video card every year. For at least the last 4 years now nobody has to do this if you bought the right card and weighed it's plus/minus with higher end cards. I didn't go run to the store as soon as the new cards were on the shelf. I waited for a great sale as I do for everything. But a lot of idiots have ego's to show so I laugh when they run off to buy the latest and greatest. I still have my 560 with zero intention of buying anything else. It works for everything. Sure maybe the odd (unoptimized) game I have to knock it down to 1600x900 (rare, BF for example) but most games I run to the max of my LED minus AA which is just stupid waste of resources.

Stumpus wrote:

PC/console? Both as bad as each other. Just depends who's got the thicker wooly jumper pulled over their eyes!
One is one outlay and guaranteed game support it's entire life, with no evolution in eye candy.
The other is constant outlay, with no guaranteed game support (unless you constantly feed it and buy M$ latest and greatest OS; DX 11.1 anyone?)

No, one console is made by a reputable company the other is a jap company who's been hacked and had all it's clients credit cards stolen and likely will happen again just to further prove a point that Sony sucks and is a bunch of cock sucking liars.

Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 can practically run any game, regardless of DX 11. If it supports DX 11, it will most likely support DX9.

It's funny how your perils of gaming and wreckless spending = everyone else. You are quite the delusional person.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except, where you are soo wrong, is when the devs no longer support The OS. If it supports DX 9,10, 11... Whatever, if you are sitting with XP and you game comes out supporting Win7 Tough!
That's my point.
As regards hyper threading, I already stated that Watchdogs needs a recommended 8 core, hyper threading CPU. So what you going to do then if you want Watchdogs? One of the most hotly anticipated titles?? It's alright bullshitting about consoles this, consoles that... So you want this game on PC get a multi core, hyper thread pile of shit that sits dormant for 99% year.
The PC controls the gamer, you don't.
You want to play the latest and greatest? You WILL conform to plenty of rules laid down by devs. Nothing has changed in 25 years.
If it supports DX 11.1, because billy boy has bought exclusive rights to his Windows Live game, then your buying Win8.1
There's no; I will do what I want, I will control what I want because I own a PC. Sadly your deluded. You can bitch all you want. But you WILL conform to rules if you want to play ANY game. Break them just once and your playing fuck all! Specs pump the cash cow of PC ownership.
By the way, I don't need a gaming machine to do work from. Any laptop will do today.
This is all ancient repetitive drivel that comes around every year.
You keep forking out for the latest and greatest whether it's one game, upgrade or shut up. So what you going to do for Watchdogs cause its hyper threading? or GTA5 supports hyper threading?
I know cut your nose off to spite your face or buy a console.
I know for a fuck, I would be buying a console to play ONE hyper threaded game because it's the same price as ONE hyper threaded CPU that will sit fucking dormant like the titanic for the next 1-2 years then be out of date.
Whereas on console I can play ALL multithreaded titles.
Then continue to play top titles on my PC for another year at least, whilst filling the gap.
Quote:
but then where are the proper games that stimulate an adult longer than an hour?

Erm, last I looked the same top titles released on console are the same ones on PC??
Strange comment....
Comparing a console game with the same PC game, results in a mix of features. Other than graphics (obvious) the most often tweeted features are that on a game pad it is more fluid to access menus, powers,spells etc.
Now before the deluded gentleman comes back with the immature 'consoles' are for children', comment.
Well, it's ironic that fallout 3, Dishonored, GTA5, Rainbow 6, X-Com enemy unknown, max Payne 3. To name but a few are on PC (or coming) as well as console, and apart from the above mentioned, are the fucking same as on PC.
Now another for the gentleman to stick in his pipe and smoke it! PC gamers play nigh on all FPS with an XBox game pad. Now does that make them more like a fucking console, than a PC? Of course it fucking doesn't! The same amount of buttons as an Xbox. Must be a console then.......
The average PC owner today is more narcissistic than ever.
The both platforms are built on the same hardware, but just changed by a NAME.
I ask you this, if WinXP was the last OS released and we were still playing DX9 titles, would you be bothered? Of course you wouldn't as you wouldn't have anything to compare it to.
The only reason people dis consoles is that PC owners think they are superior because they spend hundreds, thousands upgrading. Now that's a considered purchase. A lot of PC owners still sit with older hardware and share gameplay with a fixed gaming system, notably a console.
Check steam hardware and software survey June '13, to see that the top upgrades on PC are very much in the minority.
Most people have 4 or 8gb of RAM, a 2 or 4 core CPU and an older generation 1GB GPU although a surprising number are using iGPUs. Gaming resolutions are mostly at 1080p although there are still many using 1366*768.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah blah blah Verbal diarrhea above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: