Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA Interview: The Sky Isn't Falling [35913]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA Interview: The Sky Isn't Falling [35913] Reply with quote

I'm not sure why people feel the need to explain that it's uot;no longer possibleuot; for consoles to have better graphics than a PCuot;. PCPP: In the past, when a new console launched, the graphics were on par, if not even better, than a reasonably well-specced PC of the time. Yet at this year's E3, we notic

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Console has never had better gfx than a PC. A PC even back then was capable of higher resolution, more color and great than 30fps. To drive higher than 30fps alone proves a PC card has more power. Back then I think we had GF2 or something which was close to a GF2/3 but still the output and depth of use in games was a lot more on PC than PS2. Maybe from a distance a PS2 looked good, but up close it was easy to discern it was console gfx. PC games had better gfx, beyond the power crap the rest is bull. I had more fun playing on my PC back then than PS2.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Lest we mention that PCs can make you, oh.. MONEY??! Wink Consoles are great for semi-portable quick-fix easy-dumbed-down entertainment for the masses but if anything console better watch themselves as in a few more years smartphone and tablets could be taking over that part of the industry. Games for Apple and Android are creeping up there..
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Indeed. Lest we mention that PCs can make you, oh.. MONEY??! Wink Consoles are great for semi-portable quick-fix easy-dumbed-down entertainment for the masses but if anything console better watch themselves as in a few more years smartphone and tablets could be taking over that part of the industry. Games for Apple and Android are creeping up there..

they don't need to watch themselves bcs both microsoft and sony are making phones and tablets...
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't the only ones... Wink Anyway, the tech will likely merge in the future.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
They aren't the only ones... Wink Anyway, the tech will likely merge in the future.

yea, merge. I also think so.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no shit sherlock..... last i looked, graphics cards are going on a fucking foot long!! try and fit that into a console! The very fact that they are putting out, what.. GPU 7870 equivalent on a PS4t? is amazing since we put up with noisy leaf blowers that factory run in the 60-70-80C dept.
Dont even go down the statutory half dozen patches to try and optimise a PC game. Graphics are great when the games playable..
Stupid fucking topic....
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no shit sherlock..... last i looked, graphics cards are going on a fucking foot long!! try and fit that into a console! The very fact that they are putting out, what.. GPU 7870 equivalent on a PS4t? is amazing since we put up with noisy leaf blowers that factory run in the 60-70-80C dept.
Dont even go down the statutory half dozen patches to try and optimise a PC game. Graphics are great when the games playable..
Stupid fucking topic....
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If thats the case (most low-high PCs I build run decently quiet) then get a $2-3k gamer laptop and done! Patches are expected for COMPLEX games. Consoles are just.. simplified. Bah! Uniformity is good of course but I don't mind patches as I work in this kind of environment and BS happens. Fact of the biz but so long as their is an understood revision path then all is good.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by Sabot on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
If thats the case (most low-high PCs I build run decently quiet) then get a $2-3k gamer laptop and done! Patches are expected for COMPLEX games. Consoles are just.. simplified. Bah! Uniformity is good of course but I don't mind patches as I work in this kind of environment and BS happens. Fact of the biz but so long as their is an understood revision path then all is good.

It's got nothing to do with high end, mid-range pcs. It's the stock fans on the cards that I'm talking about. I've been building for over two decades and you very rarely get a card where the manufacturer puts a decent whisper fan with sufficient cooling. Never understood that mentality. You pay several hundred or even close to a thousand on a card and they stick a frigging chip-set cooler on it or a bloody hair dryer!
Of course you can buy a gamer laptop for several K, but why? It's buying something that is massively inflated over a home build and is just silly.

Check out this shows how garbage it it.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ever been bothered by the GPU cooler noise. If anything is gonna be loud are case and CPU fans.

A fast laptop is used for portability and flexibility.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Never ever been bothered by the GPU cooler noise. If anything is gonna be loud are case and CPU fans.

A fast laptop is used for portability and flexibility.

Yes but you can change case fans for pennies, plus due to large case fans - mine is a thermaltake shark, they run silent (mine anyway) GPU noise is pretty prominent if you have a high end, mid range card. (Considering the GPU is the hardest worked component ) I wouldn't be posting otherwise. EVGA Geforce GTX 660 TI, plays anything I throw at it, but boy... What a noisy fucker! When playing flat out its fan is screaming to keep itself under 60c My I5 3570K barely goes over 30c.
That's why consoles/ tablets came out; for portable gaming. For 3K it's seriously OTT and hardly puts you in amongst the 'masses' Laughing
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I don't consider the GPU Cooler the loudest I have come across out of everything else running + its within the center of the case so the sound is dampened + even if there was a faint "droning sound" caused by it or other parts its moot. I and my associates get used to it especially based on the amount of productivity and money generated from its use. Consoles are just for brain-dead mindless entertainment. Thats it. Whereas a PC/Laptop I can do, well, REAL WORLD WORK that makes me coin BUT then I can load up a mindless game in a window. Good luck with all that and more on consoles BUT they make great boxes of fun @ the cottage on a rain day. Wink
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Like I said, I don't consider the GPU Cooler the loudest I have come across out of everything else running + its within the center of the case so the sound is dampened + even if there was a faint "droning sound" caused by it or other parts its moot. I and my associates get used to it especially based on the amount of productivity and money generated from its use. Consoles are just for brain-dead mindless entertainment. Thats it. Whereas a PC/Laptop I can do, well, REAL WORLD WORK that makes me coin BUT then I can load up a mindless game in a window. Good luck with all that and more on consoles BUT they make great boxes of fun @ the cottage on a rain day. Wink

If you have a decent PSU it will be totally silent. Decent CPU cooler (not box crap) - totally silent. Case fans? You only need two. One in fron to push air in, one at back to push air out. 140mm ones, noctua, doing ~900rpm at most = totally silent.

two things are left: hard drive(s) and graphics card. I opted for WD green series -totally silent. GPU is gainward 650ti boost - totally silent.

You can't tell that my PC is running, even if it's 4am and everything outside is dead silent.

on the other hand, it seems you are mining bit coins (ironic, since you live in Canada and get a real job) and that can be extremely loud bcs most cards that are good for mining are very loud (and all of them are AMD). There are much better solutions out there when it comes to mining coins...

PS. bit coin mining is not real world work. Try doing some construction work and you will notice the difference immediately Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: