Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA Interview: The Sky Isn't Falling [35913]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point I'm saying is, regardless of aftermarket parts, we shouldn't be buying *anything* to cool our expensive cards down, or making them quiet. Cases are open closed and this should be tested in development. You don't buy a car then have to upgrade the fan and radiator ... Its just pathetic.
I would rather drop,get stolen, a console than a 3k laptop. Try upgrading the graphics card on that every couple years? Cheap.... Not.
I think I'll try thishttp://lifehacker.com/5851902/turn-a-low+powered-laptop-into-a-gaming-machine-with-an-external-video-card-dock Wink
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitcoin?!?!? BAHAHAH! That Virtual Fake Economy which could be shut down at any moment like turning off a light bulb since it runs on.. oh... power? I'd rather do what civilization has sustainability done for thousands of years: buy Gold and Silver as when the sh!t really hits the fan thats what will only have value. Bitcoin is a modern un-sustainable super-highly vulnerable fad economy that won't last long because it relies too much on modern technology: which is badly fragile.

No I make money off my PC based on, well lets see... REAL WORLD WORK EXPERIENCE like virtualizing, SCCM, OS deployment, Wise/Installshield Packaging, Scripting/Coding, SQL, Server2012.. shall I continue? hehe.. Nope.. PC/laptops are for those who do REAL WORK in a REAL ECONOMY. I don't have time for stupid fads that MIGHT make me anywhere the coin I can make doing things legit.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
The whole point I'm saying is, regardless of aftermarket parts, we shouldn't be buying *anything* to cool our expensive cards down, or making them quiet. Cases are open closed and this should be tested in development. You don't buy a car then have to upgrade the fan and radiator ... Its just pathetic.
I would rather drop,get stolen, a console than a 3k laptop. Try upgrading the graphics card on that every couple years? Cheap.... Not.
I think I'll try thishttp://lifehacker.com/5851902/turn-a-low+powered-laptop-into-a-gaming-machine-with-an-external-video-card-dock Wink

dont fall for that. That thing doesn't have bandwidth required by any decent GPU.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You don't buy a car then have to upgrade the fan and radiator ... Its just pathetic.
No actually I am so all for the modular car.. hell.. gimme a industry-size 3d Printer someday and LET ME PRINT ONE!! Twisted Evil

Well hope someday high-end CPU/GPUs would just need passive cooling but, yeah know, kinda hard I thought to go against something called, oh.. PHYSICS? Razz
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Bitcoin?!?!? BAHAHAH! That Virtual Fake Economy which could be shut down at any moment like turning off a light bulb since it runs on.. oh... power? I'd rather do what civilization has sustainability done for thousands of years: buy Gold and Silver as when the sh!t really hits the fan thats what will only have value. Bitcoin is a modern un-sustainable super-highly vulnerable fad economy that won't last long because it relies too much on modern technology: which is badly fragile.

No I make money off my PC based on, well lets see... REAL WORLD WORK EXPERIENCE like virtualizing, SCCM, OS deployment, Wise/Installshield Packaging, Scripting/Coding, SQL, Server2012.. shall I continue? hehe.. Nope.. PC/laptops are for those who do REAL WORK in a REAL ECONOMY. I don't have time for stupid fads that MIGHT make me anywhere the coin I can make doing things legit.

Forgive me, I assumed you do bit coin mining. I was wrong, and I am glad I was wrong Smile

PS. When shit hit's the fan you'll want water, food and medicine (and probably a gas mask and a blanket). You can't eat gold and no, I won't give you my food/water for your gold nugget. Smile

PPS. I doubt you want plastic car radiator unless you want it melt down in an instant.
3D printers aren't as awesome as they are marketed to be. They just print overpriced plastic.

Last edited by gx-x on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS. When shit hit's the fan you'll want water, food and medicine (and probably a gas mask and a blanket). You can't eat gold and no, I won't give you my food/water for your gold nugget.
You can't bargain with Food/Water like you can with Gold/Silver/Seed (yeah seeds kuzz agribusiness will be fcuked also and its up to us all to grow it or perish..). Food/Water is tradable community and Gold/Silver/Seeds can buy LOTS of it and Power if you can also protect it. [sorry.. major off-topic post-apocalyptic rant]

Yeah no Bitcoin BS.. FCUK THAT AND ROTATE... JACKTARDOM at its finest.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't see any use for gold in ruined world. I also tend to think that most people are over "the shiny things", save for blacks and stupid women.

tbh, I'd rather hoard plutonium and uranium. Those can produce energy. Gold can't do shit.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhmm.. Gold/Silver won't well, lets see... KILL YOU?!?!? Both Plutonium and uranium do jack shiet unless you are an expert and can control those elements (good luck there). Read up on whats valuable after all hell happens: Gold/Silver for bartering/staving off gov't officials from re-possessing the house YOU THOUGHT you owned when money is worthless. Food/Water is all good of course to survive but you need more to trade with as long as you can.. protect them from thieves. Wink
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Uhmm.. Gold/Silver won't well, lets see... KILL YOU?!?!? Both Plutonium and uranium do jack shiet unless you are an expert and can control those elements (good luck there). Read up on whats valuable after all hell happens: Gold/Silver for bartering/staving off gov't officials from re-possessing the house YOU THOUGHT you owned when money is worthless. Food/Water is all good of course to survive but you need more to trade with as long as you can.. protect them from thieves. Wink

well, we obviously imagine this thing differently. You see, in post apocalyptic world I imagine, there IS NO HOUSE, it's rubble and you have to build a new one. Those radioactive elements won't kill me if handled properly (led casing, concrete etc) and I am not the that is going to build a reactor, I am just going to barter with it to those that can build a reactor and have the know-how's because the old ones (reactors) are gone.
I would also hoard solar panels and rechargeable batteries Very Happy
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your soo out of luck if its an X-Class Flare or EMP, bro. Technology won't work unless it was pre-hardened and good luck there: only military has that resolved years ago.

You are asking wayy too much for what will be a basic down-to-earth struggle. When power goes out: last thing you want to be is a hundred kms within where a Nuke Plant once stood.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Stumpus wrote:

dont fall for that. That thing doesn't have bandwidth required by any decent GPU.

Only joking. I have a 6 year old dell core 2 duo. Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: