Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Oculus Rift unconvinced by XB1 and PS4 VR potential [35519]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Oculus Rift unconvinced by XB1 and PS4 VR potential [35519] Reply with quote

With Oculus Rift still in the developmental stage, it's already apparent that the virtual reality device will be choosy as to what it caters to. In particular, Oculus Rift will not be supporting the Xbox One or the PS4 simply because the technology just evolves too slowly. The focus of Oculus Rift will be on the PC and

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant believe that we are still going on about VR headsets, today.
remember the joy of them in 1995 and used on Gamemaster tv. EF2000 supported a VR set that cost £600, i enquired. lol
If you cant sell 3D TVs and people wont buy blu ray 3D films or go watch 3D films at the cinema, why are they flogging this dead horse? Games need to support 3D, films need to be 3D- whether its on your head as a horse bag! or wearing a pair of active/passive glasses. This is an expensive failure. I've enjoyed 3D for a couple of years now, but not enough sales of TVs or Blu ray has knocked this back, due to more people preferring streaming to anything true HD be it on a phone,tablet or watching SD on an HD TV.
You know why HD TVs are sold 1080P? cause it's the maximum broadcast quality available- apart from Japan.
4K is another pointless hype. We had upscaling DVD players that would take a standard DVD and stretch it to make it look as if it was widescreen 1080, which of course it wasn't! and it looked it!
If they can't sell 3D blu ray, they certainly wont sell 4K blu ray/ultra HD or whatever. it aint going to be cheaper, ffs...
So you watch standard broadcasts on a 4k TV and pay several thousand for it to upscale shit quality... am i missing something here??
Live in Japan and they have the full bells and whistles to enjoy such technology.
The rest of the world just sighs....and wishes. No one anytime soon will be getting such broadcasts, and if they do, it will be at a premium!! we're barely able to give people reliable broadband that doesnt cost a fortune
PC gaming? dont make me laugh! the majority of the world can play 1080p but not anywhere near 4096 x2160 and no, i dont want fake upscaling. Laughing
Next for the hype time machine?
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing is doomed to failure just like the previous attempts. But there's a whole generation (or two) of kids out there who haven't experienced the visceral joy of a splitting migraine induced by having a couple pounds of weight strapped to their heads while pixels flash stridently an inch away from their eyes. They'll learn. Or not, going on the arrogance of the developers, as it's unlikely this thing will make it to market as anything other than an overpriced novelty, a la the Virtual Boy.

Either way, I'll just sit back with my triple screen set-up and TrackIR, chuckling all the while. You see, those virtual reality technologies work perfectly and they don't give me a pounding headache. But the Oculus fanboys who have invested so much of their hope and emotion in this bottle of snake oil won't admit the truth. At least not until they've swalloed the oil and realized it does nothing. A sucker and his money...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: