Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

'LAN party tax' hits Swedish gamers [35442]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: 'LAN party tax' hits Swedish gamers [35442] Reply with quote

Gamers in Sweden suffer a hard financial blow as authorities decide to tax so-called LAN parties. From now on, organizers of multiplayer get-togethers will be forced to pay a fee of up to $5,000 in order to receive a uot;permituot; to connect PCs and video game consoles for gaming purposes. The ruling was made by t

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. Surprised M$ missed out on that? Real sloppy of them..... Tut,tut. Laughing
sikapossu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Good idea. Surprised M$ missed out on that? Real sloppy of them..... Tut,tut. Laughing

Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what is the definition of a "LAN party" - they'll quickly find a way around it. I mean, we are talking about the home of the infamous Pirate Bay, aren't we? Creative minds will solve this.

LAN parties are also popular inside corporations. I remember seeing Half-life flags around the servers of some corporations when I visited IT service points are various places. I wonder how are they going to deal with that since it's mostly invisible, behind a firewall...
Majnun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm no genius (cough) but how the FUCK do they even know when someone has a LAN set up?

I mean really? IT'S A FUCKING LAN. It's LOCAL COMPUTERS CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER. WHO THE FUCK TOLD THE MORON GOVERNMENT!?

I'm actually trying not to be a moron here. I really don't understand how they could EVER FUCKING KNOW.

OH look we're connecting our computers together lets tell the government so they can make us pay them! ARE YOU PEOPLE STUPID OR WHAT?

I mean seriously, we get spied on , it's a thing, welcome to fucking America. But you idiots are telling the government you have a LAN so they can monitor it and charge you for it? YOU IDIOTS.

YOU ARE LETTING THEM CHARGE YOU FOR CONNECTING YOU'RE OWN COMPUTERS TOGETHER.

MORONS.

Same time next year, Europeans pay to fuck their own wives!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are going to know bcs large(er) events must be registered and have permits. Ofc you don't need a permit for 10 PCs in your backyard running LAN....
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M$ putting software in PCs and Eggbox's that track when they are connected to each other, oooooh it's a BIG conspiracy! M$ tracking software. Fucking hilarious! Feed the troll... You wouldn't know how many chicken breasts are on a chicken, never mind what the fuck a troll is. Laughing
Bert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gov't and big corporate interests like to nickle and dime the public in an effort to make money. Its all about the money grab. Soon, you'll be paying a fee or tax on every water and air molecule consumed during the playing of a LAN game. Remember, you make money for them.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweden has lost it when it comes to fees. They also charge a TV fee from every computer owner in the country. The reasoning is that since you can now watch Swedish TV online, the computer counts as a TV...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcro2000 wrote:
Sweden has lost it when it comes to fees. They also charge a TV fee from every computer owner in the country. The reasoning is that since you can now watch Swedish TV online, the computer counts as a TV...
Jeeez...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcro2000 wrote:

You can watch tv on any PC/laptop with a digital tv tuner. Doesn't need to be online unless your watching subscription channels or catch-up tv.
In the UK one tv licence covers every device that can receive tv broadcast or radio. Your telling me they have to buy another for a laptop or PC?
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
lorcro2000 wrote:

You can watch tv on any PC/laptop with a digital tv tuner. Doesn't need to be online unless your watching subscription channels or catch-up tv.
In the UK one tv licence covers every device that can receive tv broadcast or radio. Your telling me they have to buy another for a laptop or PC?

Same in Finland, plus, it covers all properties of the same household as well (i.e. your summer cottage, RV, etc.).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: