Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Xbox One: Connectivity, Licensing (24h check-in) [35310]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the same thing iwll happen as with Windows 8.
They create some uberjunk that nobody needs and wants, consequently nobody will buy it.
Once they realized crap like this does not sell, they'll end up changing the whole thing.
BTW, I wonder if the whole online crap is needed to be able spy on users in their own homes for the US goverment. Maybe I'm just a paranoid...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I guess the same thing iwll happen as with Windows 8.
They create some uberjunk that nobody needs and wants, consequently nobody will buy it.
Once they realized crap like this does not sell, they'll end up changing the whole thing.
BTW, I wonder if the whole online crap is needed to be able spy on users in their own homes for the US goverment. Maybe I'm just a paranoid...

Not at all. The US government is all over the papers and news in the UK, along with Google accused of spying -out with the US
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22839090

Perfect vehicle for it.
droidsmystery
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Thudo wrote:
Keep talking MS jacktards..

Windows Phone - fail

Windows 8 - fail

Windows 8.1 - fail

Xbox One - Fail

Windows Server 2012 - A "supersaver" that wastes resources on it's new GUI

Skype - fail

Office 2013 - Overall nothing to convince me it's a must have or even nice to have upgrade. Besides the pricing model for home users is completely horrible. STAY AWAY! Stick with Office 2010 if you need it for home use.

Exchange 2013 - Microsoft have certainly not got it right
http://buildsocialbiz.blogspot.cz/2013/03/why-microsoft-got-it-so-wrong-with.html
http://buildsocialbiz.blogspot.cz/2013/03/why-microsoft-got-it-so-wrong-with_9.html

MS New GUI (all products) - I have the impression I need to click twice as much than before to get things done I'm doing for 2(?) decades now Sad

Did I forget anything?!?!?

Funny Very Happy

FFS dude, I switched to LibreOffice 3 months ago and never looked back.

MS consoles business is going down, OS business has been down the ladder since vista, and now MS will survive of the buy outs they did, like skype or some decayed game studios.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Not at all. The US government is all over the papers and news in the UK, along with Google accused of spying -out with the US

Perfect vehicle for it.

Hmmm. I guess that's another reason why people will just go with PS4 - the Japanese won't spy for the US.

BTW, I just read that the PS4 won't require any sort of online activation crap and you'll be able to trade your games - much like with PS3 - so I guess this battle is already decided.
Majnun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1984 and Brave New World should be mandatory reading for all humans.

Big Brother is just a small part of it.

Enjoy your future. (That was sarcasm).
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Stumpus wrote:

Perfect vehicle for it.

Hmmm. I guess that's another reason why people will just go with PS4 - the Japanese won't spy for the US.

BTW, I just read that the PS4 won't require any sort of online activation crap and you'll be able to trade your games - much like with PS3 - so I guess this battle is already decided.

Just posted this to Hx.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22850409

Quote:
Second-hand games
Sony also sought to distinguish its games machine by announcing it would not introduce any new restrictions on pre-owned disc-based games bought from friends or retailers, nor would it require users to regularly authenticate their machines via the internet to allow games to continue being played.

By contrast, Microsoft has introduced limitations on who consumers can buy second-hand titles from and has introduced a requirement to connect to the net once every 24-hours to play games on the Xbox One.

"With Sony continually pushing their gaming credentials and the development of the PlayStation brand for gamers throughout their presentation - it has very publicly slapped Microsoft across the face," said Alex Simmons, UK Editor-in-Chief of news site IGN.com.

"Talk of restrictions on the sale of pre-owned games and a requirement for an internet connection have been two of the largest consumer concerns surrounding the next-generation consoles."

Quote:

The Japanese firm announced at the E3 trade show that its machine would be sold for £349 in the UK, $399 in the US and 399 euros across Europe.

It added that it would not impose restrictions on second-hand games.

Sony also unveiled what its box would look like, having previously kept the design under wraps at its February PS4 press conference.

For many in the audience at the Los Angeles event, the scale of the price difference came as the biggest shock.

Earlier in the day Microsoft had revealed its new console would cost £429 in the UK, $499 in the US and 499 euros.

"Clearly the big headline is that the PlayStation is going to be $100 less than the Xbox One when they come out in the US," Stephen Totilo, editor-in-chief of the gaming news site Kotaku, told the BBC.

"Microsoft is going to need to look again at its price or explain why it offers better value, such as the inclusion of its Kinect sensor.

I guess M$ will be gulping like beached fat greedy whales, now!
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

droidsmystery wrote:
heretic wrote:
Thudo wrote:
Keep talking MS jacktards..

Windows Phone - fail

Windows 8 - fail

Windows 8.1 - fail

Xbox One - Fail

Windows Server 2012 - A "supersaver" that wastes resources on it's new GUI

Skype - fail

Office 2013 - Overall nothing to convince me it's a must have or even nice to have upgrade. Besides the pricing model for home users is completely horrible. STAY AWAY! Stick with Office 2010 if you need it for home use.

Exchange 2013 - Microsoft have certainly not got it right
http://buildsocialbiz.blogspot.cz/2013/03/why-microsoft-got-it-so-wrong-with.html
http://buildsocialbiz.blogspot.cz/2013/03/why-microsoft-got-it-so-wrong-with_9.html

MS New GUI (all products) - I have the impression I need to click twice as much than before to get things done I'm doing for 2(?) decades now Sad

Did I forget anything?!?!?

Funny Very Happy

FFS dude, I switched to LibreOffice 3 months ago and never looked back.

MS consoles business is going down, OS business has been down the ladder since vista, and now MS will survive of the buy outs they did, like skype or some decayed game studios.

I actually have been using this at home as well at a few small offices that I've helped setup.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any specific reason to go with LibreOffice 3 instead of LibreOffice 4?
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Is there any specific reason to go with LibreOffice 3 instead of LibreOffice 4?

There's a new version? I didn't know as my versions are only up to 3.5. It takes some getting used to and doesn't have as many features but it gets most of what's needed done. Kids use it for school all the time and even projects haven't had an issue yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: