Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Hawken Destruction Demo Level Video [34923]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Hawken Destruction Demo Level Video [34923] Reply with quote

Hawken destruction demo level using GPU Rigid Bodies (GRB's) with networking support for the best multiplayer game experience. The level provides totally new game play - you can open new pathways or destroy the ground underneath the mechs ...

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's the first thing you turn off in order to actually be able to see your enemy.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they fix the performance issues? That's what I wan't to know. When they first opened beta, game worked fine, then after a 2-3 weekends and patches I had to drop everything to low and it was still crap. As soon as mech/s come into view and start shooting fps dips in low 20's or even under. Unplayable. Haven't played it since.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El_Coyote wrote:
I guess that's the first thing you turn off in order to actually be able to see your enemy.

If buildings/cover gets destroyed, how can you turn that off?

gx-x wrote:
Did they fix the performance issues? That's what I wan't to know. When they first opened beta, game worked fine, then after a 2-3 weekends and patches I had to drop everything to low and it was still crap. As soon as mech/s come into view and start shooting fps dips in low 20's or even under. Unplayable. Haven't played it since.

From the looks of it, performance is still shit. I don't even know why they need nVidia for the destruction. Red Faction is a good example of that...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
El_Coyote wrote:

If buildings/cover gets destroyed, how can you turn that off?

gx-x wrote:

From the looks of it, performance is still shit. I don't even know why they need nVidia for the destruction. Red Faction is a good example of that...

well, any modern nVidia card should handle that UE3 with 50% load, and the rest should be more then enough to handle physX with ease. But....
RedFaction? You mean the first one from back in 2000ish year? (FPS one)
It doesn't matter though, Battlefield handles destruction pretty well too. Even sleeping dogs has destructible covers and some other things.

PS. They demo HAWKEN on some private closed servers where load is probably way way lower then in "real world" application. What I am implying is that I don't trust those videos from developers when judging the performance. My friend has gtx680 and i5 @4.5ghz and HAWKEN is not working any better than it is on my i3 and gtx560.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

well, any modern nVidia card should handle that UE3 with 50% load, and the rest should be more then enough to handle physX with ease. But....
RedFaction? You mean the first one from back in 2000ish year? (FPS one)
It doesn't matter though, Battlefield handles destruction pretty well too. Even sleeping dogs has destructible covers and some other things.

My point was that Red Faction 1 and 2 had no physX, but you could dig a hole in the ground if you wanted... For it's time, the game was playable on many PCs with no FPS issues. I know the guys behind Hawken can do better, but sadly Intel bought them out when they were doing Project Offset and now they can't even buy the engine back.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure I understand you very well, however, using physX does give you a lot of shortcuts and saves a lot of time. I'd still prefer to see an actual standardization of the whole process so that all GPUs can do it, but I can also understand nVidia's business standpoint...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: