Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Firefox to Play Console-Quality 3D Games [34920]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Firefox to Play Console-Quality 3D Games [34920] Reply with quote

, console-quality games on the Firefox browser without the need for any plugins and installation. A blog post from Mozilla announcing the project describes the highly optimized JavaScript as something that uot;supercharges a developer's gaming code in the browser to enable visually compelling, fast, 3D gaming experie

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart move from Epic, but that does not make their games any better.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think FF devs should focus on things that make people switch over to chrome. Such as bad html5 support, flash issues and such. One of the irritating things, for me, is that I can't see comments on engadget articles (they don't load), browser keeps my GPU in 3D mode all the time (chrome does not if there is no need, and usually there is no need), flash player crashing more than I would like it to and a lot more. I've forgotten about most of the issues I had since I went over to Chrome. Ah yes, removing 64bit development? Good job Mozilla, it's not like firefox hogs over 2GB of ram with ease...and keeping everything under one process doesn't help at all either (I would have said two processes but plugin container keeps crashing)
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I think FF devs should focus on things that make people switch over to chrome. Such as bad html5 support, flash issues and such. One of the irritating things, for me, is that I can't see comments on engadget articles (they don't load), browser keeps my GPU in 3D mode all the time (chrome does not if there is no need, and usually there is no need), flash player crashing more than I would like it to and a lot more. I've forgotten about most of the issues I had since I went over to Chrome. Ah yes, removing 64bit development? Good job Mozilla, it's not like firefox hogs over 2GB of ram with ease...and keeping everything under one process doesn't help at all either (I would have said two processes but plugin container keeps crashing)

I can relate to the crashing, but the memory hogging is fixed by memoryfox. Flash should die for all I care, because it's slow and buggy as hell. And the latest updates start two flash SEPARATE processes...

As for the comments on engadget, I can see them if I allow these elements on ghostery:

http://www.ghostery.com/apps/adobe_digital_marketing_%28omniture%29

http://www.ghostery.com/apps/livefyre
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
gx-x wrote:

I can relate to the crashing, but the memory hogging is fixed by memoryfox. Flash should die for all I care, because it's slow and buggy as hell. And the latest updates start two flash SEPARATE processes...

As for the comments on engadget, I can see them if I allow these elements on ghostery:

http://www.ghostery.com/apps/adobe_digital_marketing_%28omniture%29

http://www.ghostery.com/apps/livefyre

I know everything can be fixed, but I am tired of fixing trivial things that should just work. (not related to firefox) Issues I mentioned are present since Firefox 3 or so. I am tired of it. It's far from bad browser but chrome has none of these bugs out of the box, everything works except for open files instead of downloading them but that's just one little quirk that I have with it. I have it set up just like I had firefox and I forgot that I had it. I miss nothing from it.

PS. Never heard of that ghostery. I just used adblock+ but even with it disabled comments wouldn;t load. Not just on engadget.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April Fool's ! Surprised
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozieo wrote:
April Fool's ! Surprised

A good one though! Very Happy
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was posted 31st of March...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: