Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Mark Rein: PS4 is like a really perfect gaming PC [34930]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Mark Rein: PS4 is like a really perfect gaming PC [34930] Reply with quote

An Epic Games exec has compared the PlayStation 4 to uot;a really perfect gaming PC,uot; citing the console's combination of uot;phenomenaluot; hardware and convenient user experience. Speaking to CVG in a recent interview, VP Mark Rein called Sony's decision to incorporate off-the-shelf PC components in PS4

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if any serious gamer would be running a 32-bit Windows-install anymore...
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we all know that consoles are fuckin useless but it's nice when you hear it fron the devs.
If they invest the time and money they do for building a console into building a platform for the PC, it will be better for all and every game out there
Manfy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woow I can finally use more than 2gb ram, I've been limited my entire life
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
Well we all know that consoles are fuckin useless but it's nice when you hear it fron the devs.
If they invest the time and money they do for building a console into building a platform for the PC, it will be better for all and every game out there

So you own one? You did say, 'we' all know that consoles are useless. Or is it just the sheep speaking?
At least a console is a games machine. I haven't a clue what the PC is trying to be these days?? It's keyboard is a bloody joke as a controller these days, then you have games which are quite frankly ridiculous. The menus and gameplay is designed by devs who haven't even played GAMES never mind on a console or PC.
Then the hypocrite pc owner plugs in an Eggbox controller and promptly says, consoles are shit, whilst brazingly sitting in the assumed console position.
Soooo back to your, put the mouth in gear before the brain, statement.
When I buy a game on Ps3 it kind of...... Plays, like out the box.
When I buy for my PC, I spend the first hour fucking about with configuring the shit controls and wishing that the menu had this,that..... Consoles don't make PC games, devs make PC games. So blame the shitty lazy arsed devs!
Or is it that the PC is becoming a gaming embarrassment..... Certainly looks that way. I can buy or rent a console game and compare it to the PC version I own and menus and interfaces work better on a game pad/console than on PC. Without the stop/start pause joke on PC. Oh but wait, Ive just spent nearly 1k on building my rig, I can't say that? It goes against the grain....and everyone I know hates consoles/pcs. Guess what? I have a non-sheep opinion. I can live with everything, if it functions and I enjoy it. Consoles, tablets inc.
Funny how I watch LoveFilm, or catchup tv, or the odd blu-ray movie on my console, as well as gaming? Now that's amazing..... Never thought of that.. But then I should be like you and just judge the book by the cover, just like every 'technically' minded person. Oh sorry, that wasn't you then?
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus, this is not the first topic i see you jump like a raped gringo in mexican jail. Lol.
Take it easy boy, no need to get so frustrated of someone else PO.
I dont own a console and ive had my fair time with PS3 to make up my own mind, that just for a couple exclusive games i dont have to give the extra money for console and a big ass TV....

The troubles you are experiencing with controls and PC are because
1st: games are made first for consoles and then ported for PC.... we all have those issues!
2nd: you are obviously a moron.... right now at work i have Xbox controller plugged in my PC... Why ? Coz we fucking make games here and thats how we fucking test them Twisted Evil So all the other BS that you says.... just a fanboy talk... Very Happy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark rein the same guy who left epic? pffft.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a pc gamer, just spent 1200$ on my new tower 5months ago and so far the ps4 is very appealing to me and for my family, so long as the price is right consoles and games ill buy one.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
Stumpus, this is not the first topic i see you jump like a raped gringo in mexican jail. Lol.
Take it easy boy, no need to get so frustrated of someone else PO.
I dont own a console and ive had my fair time with PS3 to make up my own mind, that just for a couple exclusive games i dont have to give the extra money for console and a big ass TV....

The troubles you are experiencing with controls and PC are because
1st: games are made first for consoles and then ported for PC.... we all have those issues!
2nd: you are obviously a moron.... right now at work i have Xbox controller plugged in my PC... Why ? Coz we fucking make games here and thats how we fucking test them Twisted Evil So all the other BS that you says.... just a fanboy talk... Very Happy

I what did i just say? born sucking an Eggbox controller, can't work a fucking keyboard! So it's morons like you that fuck up PC games.....
1st statement totally incorrect. PC dev's (test games..... HA,HA, like you) can't program for PC no more and have become bone fucking idle. Console port is the oldest lamest excuse used. It's pure and simply a ruse to hide behind the fact that the SDK is easier to work on than making seperate games for each format -and cheaper.
Funny how i DON'T use a fucking Eggbox controller on PC?
Ignorant asshole.
Your typical of your generation, just cause you're on twitter or facebook, you think you speak for the world, what a nob..instead he shoots himself down in flames
Away and make a bonafide PC game instead of pissing about kidding you've got a job.... testing games with an eggbox controller....indeed. Hilarious...
What does that say about you're hypocrite statement that all consoles are useless? It says your a two-faced liar as you can't test games with a keyboard! You think that you can fit 105 keys approx onto an eggbox controller? Controller AFTER the keyboard, but not before....what a sad case.
Finaly go back 20-25+ years on PC (my era of PC gaming) you think dev's tested games with a gamepad that didn't exist commercialy? Nope, just like mobile phones didn't exist and you used to actualy WALK to your mates house..
Glass houses, throw stones. Comes to mind with you Rolling Eyes
At least be constructive and intelligent when you want to berate someone, instead of sounding like someone with a split personality disorder...
reread your post? You could have an arguement with yourself!
Just raped yourself, you muppet...

Last edited by Sabot on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calmly, now. This happens every time a new console is announced. By the time they get it to market, it will be a generation behind the latest PC hardware. They're just fluffing the pillow.

The bigger issue for me is control interfaces. There is an entire generation now coming into adulthood who were raised on thumb-stick controllers and who find it a natural method of controlling a game. As an old fogie, I simply can't get my head around controlling any game with thumb sticks. It's not natural or intuitive for me and it never will be. On the flip side, I could kick your ass with an Intellivision disk controller! Razz

Consoles have their place, but they will never supplant PC gaming entirely. They are by definition hardware-limited, and there some forms of gaming which simply do not work well with a controller designed to be used from a couch. We do own a PS3, purchased mainly because my wife is a musician and wanted to have Rock Band for parties. I will say I rather enjoy playing that "game" from time to time, (usually when well-inebriated), but a faux-guitar controller is a long way from thumb sticks. Obviously a game like Rock Band wouldn't work on a PC, because it is by definition a social game. And that is the real strength of console gaming in my mind. You can sit on the couch with a friend or your kid and have a much more interactive social experience than you can with PC gaming. (Note: yelling at the screen because your team is made up of mouth-breathing LOLrushers does not constitute an "interactive social experience.")

I don't really hate consoles, I just have little use for them. And I've found over the years that most console-to-PC ports are poorly optimized money grabs, so I tend to avoid them. There are exceptions, of course: KOTOR comes to mind. But there are so many good PC games, especially with the explosion of the indie dev scene in the last few years, that I see only a bright future for PC gaming. Stumpus and I will just have to agree to disagree on this matter, I suspect.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apathy, you put a cross an intelligent constructive opinion. That's the type of depth i like. They (consoles, PCs, tablets etc) all have their uses; but i wont find myself using one more than the other. Each have games that are and have been made or optimised better on each other. That's why i said i can rent/buy a game on each and play it to compare. Dragon Age Origins (i talked about in another thread) is brilliant on console but a keyboard mush on PC. Yet i own plenty games on each format like-for-like, just cause i can and for the varied enjoyment.
Walking Dead was brilliant on Console but annoying button basher/grab mouse aim at same time, frustrating on PC. Yet i own them all.
They all fit in with life and portability etc. but Tride was just bang out of order and stupid with the garbage he spouted, and contradicted...
Sorry, but NOTHING will ever be better than each other re console vs PC. Those days died in the 90's
Cheers
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even bother with these threads, thus my energetic-less post. Sony is a piece of shit company and I will never touch another thing from these feature raping assholes. I heard you can't even use a PS3 as a media server unless you disable internet because of Cinevia. They can take their PS4 and shove it as far as it goes up Mark Rein's ass as far as I'm concerned.
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Just for few months Reply with quote

Just for a couple of months, after that I could build/upgrade a better performance configuration, and after a year I've a PC that doubles a PS kiddy console....
baal
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to play retarded AAA games with a shitty controller go buy a console, whatever.
if you want to play good games (indies, roguelike dungeon crawlers, dota ;p) or the same crappy AAA games with *proper* controls (keyboard+mouse) you get a pc. end of story

the best game for the shitty ps3 that I have (which I only keep for streaming movies) is pixeljunk monsters. I never understood why it's a console exclusive but whatever. every other game is just shit or better on the pc.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baal wrote:
if you want to play good games ( dota ;p)

Stopped reading right there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: