Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA GeForce Drivers 314.22 [34878]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce Drivers 314.22 [34878] Reply with quote

, MUD, and Tomb Raider; and a NVIDIA Control Panel Ambient Occlusion profile for BioShock Infinite

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my previous settings and fps:
Ambient quality
AF x8
FXAA on
AA mode enhance application
Antialiasing setting x16 CSAA
Antialias transparency x8 super sample
Texture filtering on
Clamp
Quality
On
Auto thread
Triple buff off
V sync adaptive
Just ran bench at 1920x1080p
My returns;
Min 22.6
Max 48.5
Average 38.3

New returns:
Min 30.1
max 52.4
Average 41.6
This is with all in-game settings on maximum.
This is with Tessellation enabled(which wouldn't work previously) as well as TressFX. The New driver certainly appears to make a difference.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, turn off AA settings and see your settings. AA is the most useless feature of all. All you do is cripple your performance but I guess if you don't cripple it then you got an excuse to buy a new card every year or so right?

edit: Hahaha I just noticed you have AF at 8x not 16x... Sounds like that card was really worth it. Well at least Lara's hair looks good eh? All my games AF is pumped to 16x. Turn up AF to 16x and give us your fps Stumpus. If that game turns into a pile of crap when you do it, your 660 ain't worth it and further confirms that the 660 is really nothing but an updated 560.

P.S. I have a 660 at home, got it for $190... not for me but for the wife for her Bday as the 260 she had was starting to have lag issues. Comparison already with her card and mine.. About the same.. she gets 5-10fps more than me in BF3 with same settings. Black Ops II, visually there is no difference but fps shows maybe 6-7 fps better than my 560. If I had both systems for someone to play test and compare i'd wager $100 they wouldn't know what pc had the 660. Always funny to see someone though try and back up reasons for buying a pointless upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: