Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Travis Day on Diablo III future [34730]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Travis Day on Diablo III future [34730] Reply with quote

An extensive post to the Diablo III forums by game designer Travis Day responds to a thread about Blizzard's action/RPG sequel titled 'The Salvation of Diablo 3' with some frank insights into how the game came to its current state, and their approach to supporting it going forward. Here's a bit:

Character Customizat

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I get the feeling that these guys did not get the message.
There is no salvation for Diablo 3: no matter what they do, there'll always be an unhappy camp
Recognize that it has failed, move on to Diablo 4 and get that right!
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those words come down to this: You screwed up by attempting to fleece your player base with the forced gold-farming and RM auction house-based item system. Said players refused to become sheep, and now your shareholders are growling about the disparity between projected and actual revenue. So you're going to try to "fix" this "mistake."

No sale, Blizzard. You blew it and ruined your reputation as a gamer-centric company by engaging in a disgusting display of naked greed. You'll never get that good reputation back.

Path of Exile is quite enjoyable. So is Torchlight 2. I don't need Diablo 3 and it is unlikely I'll ever re-install it, no matter what you do to it. Of greater importance, I and many others will be extremely skeptical of Blizzard releases in the future. You went from "insta-buy" to "wait-and-see" in one fell swoop. Decisions have consequences.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's beyond that point as well. Blizzard died years ago.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizzard blows bald goats. D3 was my last Blizzard game. Don't care if Blizzard dies tomorrow. They were shit the day they made WoW pay2play. I got Starcraft at a major discount, it sucked. Then got D3 thinking they couldn't possibly F that up, only to find out they did totally destroy it. The store was absolutely stupid. I'm done with Blizzard. TL2 is definitely more worthwhile than D3... without an arguement there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: