Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

PS4 Does Not Require Always-On Internet Connection [34661]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: PS4 Does Not Require Always-On Internet Connection [34661] Reply with quote

The chaps over at Eurogamer have posted an interview with Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida as he talks about the Playstation 4. Here's a taster:

Eurogamer: Does the console always need to be connected to the internet?

Shuhei Yoshida: You can play offline, but you may want to keep
it connected. The syst

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still too cryptic to commit to. I'll wait until the early adopters throw their wad at it and confirm that second hand games can be played.
No point asking if you can play second hand PS4 games and he says, do you want to? Put it this way, it and any console is dead if you can't sell/buy second hand PS4 titles. The amount of games I have rented and bought via LoveFilm is huge, likewise the amount I have not is bigger! If gamers are forced to buy and get a turkey, they will not buy again until they are certain it's a AAA.
With PC it's easier as shit tiles hit the bin rapido.
Not interested in social crap, its a games machine first and foremost. Don't use my pc for anything other than games too.
I would also like to know how digital content can be played without a net connection?
HDD size?
The leaving the PS in energy mode, standby, is only if you subscribed to the PSN for auto downloads. Which again makes me want to know more about the limitations of this.
STEAM is a perfect example of draconian DRM, great if your up to date and have a net connection, but totally chocolate fire guard moment if your net is down. Fortunately we can still play other games offline, but if this is the future trend then its going to be a sad day, indeed...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I would not mind it for PS4s.
These are not mobile devices like laptops; it is unlikely that you'd play PS4 on a plane or a train, is it not?
Hence, it is likely that the cable will always be plugged in and that the connection will be operational 99% of the time.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Actually, I would not mind it for PS4s.
These are not mobile devices like laptops; it is unlikely that you'd play PS4 on a plane or a train, is it not?
Hence, it is likely that the cable will always be plugged in and that the connection will be operational 99% of the time.

You've got it already with PS3, but I want to know if you can play offline and buy second hand games for the PS4. All of this is just conjecture until we physically own one.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's where it gets fishy.
Majnun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any console that can only play new games is a corpse.

I don't think Sony is that stupid.

It is D E A D if it can't play used/rented games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: