Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Players Fixing Aliens: Colonial Marines [34638]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Players Fixing Aliens: Colonial Marines [34638] Reply with quote

If you are one of the many people out there that aren't happy with Aliens: Colonial Marines, have no fear, there are fixes out there thanks to dedicated people like this guy.

This guide is just helping people get the maximum from Unreal 3 engine, and play ACM with better graphics leading to better immersion, which i

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically they're de-console-izing the game. I have a different way of accomplishing that: I don't buy console ports.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job.

A little too much self-ego-stroking going on (oh look at me,I'm so helpful) but I suppose people who bought this joke of a game will be happy to have some or the worst stuff ironed out.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the modder can fix the AI...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apathy Curve wrote:
Basically they're de-console-izing the game. I have a different way of accomplishing that: I don't buy console ports.

so you don't play games since 2006? xD You haven't played:
Gears of War
Dead Space series
Mass Effect series
Lost Planet series
Most of CoD series
most of MoH series
Borderlands
Rage
blah blah... Smile

It is impossible to avoid console ports. It is possible to avoid BAD ports (or bad games overall) with fair amount of success, but not entirely. Sometimes we just hope and fall into our own trap. :/
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Apathy Curve wrote:

so you don't play games since 2006? xD You haven't played:

Gears of War - Never
Dead Space series - First one was alright didn't buy the rest
Mass Effect series - First one was alright didn't buy the rest thankfully
Lost Planet series - never
Most of CoD series - never
most of MoH series - Oh god never
Borderlands - Tried to like the first and second one but they're boring for me so no purchase.
Rage - Never
blah blah... Smile

It is impossible to avoid console ports. It is possible to avoid BAD ports (or bad games overall) with fair amount of success, but not entirely. Sometimes we just hope and fall into our own trap. :/

I actually buy the games I like and plan to play further after going through the motions with the pirated version. You're correct though that you really can't avoid consoles ports completely. Simcity was on my want list until I heard about the online always connection similar to the D3 problem and then it landed in the do not buy list just like diablo 3.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you missed an awful lot, that's my point.
Not all of those games will suit everyones taste but they are all great in their own way. (I forgot ass to ass sins creed series). For example, dead space 1 is awful console port (I mean technically), and if you liked that, dead space 2 and especially 3 (to me) are way better.
Gears of war is tons of fun, great atmospheric shooter, it deserves it's reputation.
It is hard, after 2005ish, to pick a title that isn't a console port.
And it's a nice thing you remembered D3. That's PC exclusive and in reality it is borked. It's meesed up, no end game, online only...Makes you wonder are ports worse than blizz/activision crap?!
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
well you missed an awful lot, that's my point.
Not all of those games will suit everyones taste but they are all great in their own way. (I forgot ass to ass sins creed series). For example, dead space 1 is awful console port (I mean technically), and if you liked that, dead space 2 and especially 3 (to me) are way better.
Gears of war is tons of fun, great atmospheric shooter, it deserves it's reputation.
It is hard, after 2005ish, to pick a title that isn't a console port.
And it's a nice thing you remembered D3. That's PC exclusive and in reality it is borked. It's meesed up, no end game, online only...Makes you wonder are ports worse than blizz/activision crap?!

It depends on what we're judging the game on. Game play? How it runs? My bar has been lowered by quite a bit since MS entered the scene with the first Xbox. Port wise I haven't found a game that I couldn't nitpick. The biggest fault of console ports to me are usually the stale game play they bring by dumbing things down for a controller and expanded audience. Ass creed is a big perpetrator of this. I find the game play lacking in the entire series. I could say the same for any of those titles you've listed.

The games I missed I've tried and found them lacking and not worth my support. It does sort of limit my options when playing with friends at times. GoW I will agree is one of the more entertaining shooter/cover games on a console and well made for that purpose. My personal taste doesn't suit that game but I have played it with friends. It's more that I'm used to older shooters that's a huge bias that I'll freely admit.

Diablo 3 although well made was repetitive and required an online only connection much like the new simcity 3 even though many would play mostly single player. I brought it up as a big example that I ignore console and PC specific games. They get the same treatment as a consumer.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly look for good immersive story in single player accompanied with appropriate atmosphere setup by graphics and sound.

If I don't play a game for the story, then it needs to have one hack of an gameplay mechanics, be it clean and pure or complex but still not to bloated with keys. For instance, I hate games with 20 button combos, or hold space+F+l.shift + direction and press LMB to execute <insert some action that should have required just one key press + direction>
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I mostly look for good immersive story in single player accompanied with appropriate atmosphere setup by graphics and sound.

If I don't play a game for the story, then it needs to have one hack of an gameplay mechanics, be it clean and pure or complex but still not to bloated with keys. For instance, I hate games with 20 button combos, or hold space+F+l.shift + direction and press LMB to execute <insert some action that should have required just one key press + direction>

My usual preference is console for fighting games(street fighter/mk etc.), sidescrollers/platformers, and driving games. Control pads just feel right for those types of games and always have. PC for me personally has always been a haven for FPS, RTS (turned based as well), MMO's, and in general RPG's. I never really got into jrpgs or other similar titles unless you want to count Zelda. I never really could get into Final Fantasy which makes me weird.

Anyways hopefully that explains my certain biases some Smile.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
gx-x wrote:

My usual preference is console for fighting games(street fighter/mk etc.), sidescrollers/platformers, and driving games. Control pads just feel right for those types of games and always have. PC for me personally has always been a haven for FPS, RTS (turned based as well), MMO's, and in general RPG's. I never really got into jrpgs or other similar titles unless you want to count Zelda. I never really could get into Final Fantasy which makes me weird.

Anyways hopefully that explains my certain biases some Smile.

mass effect and dead space have epic story. I am for real. They are worth playing and puting up with for the storyline alone. Presentation and voice acting and shit, just AAA. Same goes for some other titles. I enjoyed hours of those games more then anything sc-fi / horror made in movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: