Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

CT Senator Blames Video Games [34460]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: CT Senator Blames Video Games [34460] Reply with quote

Democratic senator Chris Murphy blamed video games for influencing the Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza. Sen. Christopher Murphy (D-Conn.) gave a speech (which you can watch for yourself to your left) during Sen. Dianne FeinsteinÂ’s (D- CA) press conference introducing a new bill that would ban assault weapons

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
pagb666
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and everyone and his mother having a dozen guns in the closet has nothing to do... There is as much violence in the TV any day.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pagb666 wrote:
Yeah, and everyone and his mother having a dozen guns in the closet has nothing to do... There is as much violence in the TV any day.

Absolutely.
Like blaming drink for an alcoholics death. Rolling Eyes Amazing how 99.9% of the population can drive properly (not like GTA) Or play hundreds of shooters, OFP,Arma 1/2 and never get the notion to look for a bloody gun and act it out.
In the UK, we had prince Harry talking about playing games on his PS3 making his roll as gunner in the Apache easier.
It's well known that Drones use a gamepad (Xbox style) to control them. Soldiers play CoD etc on PS3/XBox. So what does that make them?
Excuse me, but the whole FUCKING army around the world is raised on video game KILLING!!
This guy and ALL people that shoot ordinary human beings are disturbed individuals that don't go out and socialize, don't have girlfriends and are an accident waiting to happen -ie a closet full of guns.
Guns kill people, simple.
DO you think this fuckwit would have walked around stabbing everyone with a steak knife if he couldn't get access to guns?? Nope, don't think so... Rolling Eyes
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: FUCKING IGNORANTS Reply with quote

Fucking ignorants, we also play games in Argentina and other countries, and don't have CRAZY people killing innocent children just for fun....
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Wtf ? My gun didnt kill anyone yet ? Maybe the reason is that i keep it locked in a metal box ? or something else, i dunno! Laughing
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: FUCKING IGNORANTS Reply with quote

Penetreitor wrote:
Fucking ignorants, we also play games in Argentina and other countries, and don't have CRAZY people killing innocent children just for fun....

LOL, Argentina. I guess human trafficking and drug related violence doesn't count now. Stfu, nobody cares about your shithole.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
Stumpus wrote:
Wtf ? My gun didnt kill anyone yet ? Maybe the reason is that i keep it locked in a metal box ? or something else, i dunno! Laughing

Because you take security seriously, helps.
For eg. If your family had a younger sister/brother or whatever and the weapon was not secured, then they could have access to it and -well....the obvious happens. 'I was just playing cowboys and Indians with my sister', is one that I've read after a boy had blown his sisters brains out.
There's no such thing as a good gun, my point being is that you point a gun at a human being it ain't going to bounce the round off their skin when it's discharged. A gun is purely designed for maximum damage to flesh/internal organs. Be it game birds,deer or humans, the bullet doesn't discriminate.
If you've got a screw loose or spit the dummy and in a rage point and fire the, legal, gun at a person your angry with. It doesn't go 'i better just bruise his skin, cause that's what I know my license holder wants me to do'.
There has been enough negligent discharges in the professional forces that have killed people to support that
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the real problems get overlooked and the blame placed elsewhere during a tragedy such as this. There are soldiers that have ptsd issues. Employees with depression after being laid off and now have to liquidate everything after twenty years of work. The list goes on. Please continue blaming guns or something else unrelated though.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had no weapons in his house, guess what? He wouldn't have done anything. That's all there is from this. He was a mental retard with an arsenal of weapons. He could have sprung at any time. How many other mental retards are out there with an arsenal of weapons at home?

Get rid of the NRA if you want to improve anything. NRA is nothing but a terrorist group. Anyone who supports the NRA is a terrorist as far as I'm concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: