Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Can't uninstall the latest Windows 10 KB4013418 update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Can't uninstall the latest Windows 10 KB4013418 update Reply with quote

This site shows how to make Updates uninstallable (but warns it might corrupt the installation of future updates).

This is the english version of the site:
http://borncity.com/win/2016/10/21/windows-updates-fehlende-deinstallation-erzwingen/

SUMMARY:

In the C:\Windows\servicing\Packages directory, find all .MUM files for the KB you want to uninstall.

Change permanence="permanent" to permanence="removable" in all of these files, then it will be uninstallable.
bhaiterabhaix
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue and cannot uninstall with left or right clicks! I can no longer download credit card statements from Chase into Microsoft Money 20004. "QIF Import Statement stopped because the file was not recognized as QIF. Either a line was too long or a supposed transaction had too many lines to be QIF." I get this error even when re-downloading files originally done before the update was installed. share it vidmate
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhaiterabhaix wrote:
I have the same issue and cannot uninstall with left or right clicks! I can no longer download credit card statements from Chase into Microsoft Money 20004. "QIF Import Statement stopped because the file was not recognized as QIF. Either a line was too long or a supposed transaction had too many lines to be QIF." I get this error even when re-downloading files originally done before the update was installed. share it vidmate

It's quite different problem. Don't use the QIF file. Instead download the QFX file to your desktop. Change the extension from qfx to ofx. Then double click on the ofx file. It will import correctly into Money.

If you want to associate the .qfx extension to OFX files so that
Money can import it directly, you can create a .reg file named
qfx2ofx.reg. Then web access to .qfx files would work the same as
for .ofx files. That .reg file would contain the 15 lines that are
between the two demarcation lines:

==========begin qfx2ofx.reg===============================
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.qfx]
"Content Type"="text/qfx"
@="ofx.Document"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.qfx\ofx.Document]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.qfx\ofx.Document\ShellNew]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-qfx]
"Extension"=".qfx"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/qfx]
"Extension"=".qfx"
==========end qfx2ofx.reg===============================

Just run that file after you create it. So thereafter, if you use
the web etc to bring in a .qfx file, it is treated as if it were
named *.ofx. The Money install associated .ofx with itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: