Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Sony Patent Blocks Used Games [34344]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tride
iPhone sucks, I can agree on that.
The rest? Debatable as anything else on this thread.
But, I don't understand how you don't see a pattern.
So, just wait and we'll see.

I am not here to convince you, I am here to express my opinion - which, I think it worth 2 cents like any other.
Do I really need to express in every single post that anything I write (unless I use a reference) is my opinion?
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, nobody is saying it isnt your opinion.
All i say is that you look at those datesheets in a way that you WANT to look at them. All im saying is that i dissagree with you on your statement that SONY is going out of business.

People were talking all kinds of shit when the new gen consoles came out, years ago. Everyone were saying they will fail, wont sale etc. But look what happened ...

Sony is been around for long time and will be for far more... Smile

But whatever man, no hard feelings Smile
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:

Excuse me but WTF ? you are looking at share numbers to SONY corp. SO ?
That doesnt show or tell anything about PS2 and 3. Doesnt tell anything at all, compared to their rivals. ?!?!?!

PS is like 2-3% of the Sony venture, maybe even less. It's just a small piece of their venture. Even if they sold 1000000000000000 PS3s it wouldn't make much difference on their shares.

Quote:
Their shares are going down a little, big fuckin deal man!

actually it is. It takes billions of dollars to drop from 30 to 20 per share in case of sony corp.

Quote:
SONY is one of the biggest corps on this fuckin planet, lol!

no it's not. it's not even close: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_by_revenue Smile
here you will find it in 477 place: http://www.forbes.com/global2000/#p_1_s_a0_All%20industries_All%20countries_All%20states_ (search it) Sony is one of the biggest Japanese companies, nothing else.

Quote:
And by the way! Ive aways owned Sony phones. Way better than Iphone, that Americans seems to worship (and not only, lol). Android FTW Cool

it's a matter of preference. Personally, I've owned sony-erricson phones and they were pretty good. Now, if we take xperia it's 'meh' compared to samsung, htc, moto and even LG.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a reasonable thing to do from their position. Most of their funds in the console market come from licenses and games so no surprise here.

I don't get why you hate on Sony for trying to protect their business. Yeah, it sucks for console players that they can't rent shit anymore, but think about this - when was the last time you rented a PC game? PC gamers have had their anal rape long time ago and Steam isn't helping either, although some worship Valve like a god...

People have less to spend every following year and companies are adapting to the shrinking market. Oh well...capitalism...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
This seems like a reasonable thing to do from their position.

and this:

Quote:
People have less to spend every following year and companies are adapting to the shrinking market. Oh well...capitalism...

makes no sense. People have less to spend, people ARE the business to sony (income/profit) so sony decides to make people spend more?! Logic...none.

If they depend on games to cover console hardware expenses (which is lie made up by sony, there was nothing cheap about 600$ for PS3 when it came out) then they should concentrate to make either consoles cheaper (600$ is not cheap) or games cheaper and better. GT5 for 100$? Thats fucking greed, nothing more. Now they want to make games exclusive to one console so you cannot even take them to your friends house or to a party or whatever. Further more, they are going to hurt rental business so more people will have even less money. Not to mention that if they DO implement that drm thing they are going to be hurting their business. EU is going to outlaw their products since they will not be in accordance to EU laws.
And of course there is a matter of who will be stupid enough to purchase a console with such drm in the first place, especially after sony took a dump on their PS3 customers multiple times.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
EU is going to outlaw their products since they will not be in accordance to EU laws.

I wonder what Sony's plan is regarding this.
EU usually stands up for customers, unlike other parts of the world.
So, it will boil down to two possibilities:
- either Sony complies with EU regulations (which means Sony won't be able to screw customers that much in the EU at least), or
- Sony simply does not sell such products in EU (which does not make much sense if they want a bigger market).
Looking at how the value of Sony is shrinking, I guess they'll choose to comply with the EU regulations.
But, it's all speculation at this point. We will see.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just cannot see how this new drm scheme can help them make more money...If anything, it will reflect in opposite way. One thing must be considered - most sales that Sony makes are in Japan. Japan is it's biggest consumer. If Japanese go for it, sony will be fine and wont care too much about others. That being sad, I can see that others don't care much about sony either. Oh well, we will see. Sony had great ideas in the past too, like mini-disc Razz
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Stumpus, whatever I buy if it says Sony, I wont buy it. It's that simple. I have no Sony products in my house as of last November. Also I can buy used games in various places around me. What I can't get used I buy from the bargain bin. What I can't get in the bargain bin I get off Steam and Origin.

This isn't about Sony though is it? you're changing the thread to suit your resentment about Sony. The argument is about DRM. plain and simple.
Microsoft being the worlds BIGGEST culprit.
Clearly why you turn it on its head as if your family were attacked by a Sony employee is beyond me. Sure the PS3 had a firmware change that removed a second OS, but tell me something today that hasn't stayed the same on ANY bloody format. It makes you sound a tad immature.. As i've said, move on. Don't buy from Apple, Sony or whomever but at least keep the thread constructive and on track. I detest M$ and it's XBox -they kill gaming on PC,PS3 by purely buying out DLC and dev's. Now that is a reason to go cazy!
You've been flogging this dead horse for ages
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry Stumpus, I thought this thread was about how Sony is a POS for removing rentals from their future console. Talking about flogging a dead horse, how many times have you put M$ down on these forums, ya hypocrite.

Anyone with a brain on their shoulders will avoid Sony. Sony is a POS company that works against it's customers not for their customers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: