Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews- Intel next-gen Haswell CPU line-up leaked [34243]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: TechNews- Intel next-gen Haswell CPU line-up leaked [34243] Reply with quote

Intel next-gen Haswell CPU line-up
leaked - The chaps over at VR-Zone have managed to get their hands on the line-up
for Intel's upcoming 22nm Haswell desktop
processors, revealing that there will be initially 14 CPUs across the
Core i7 and Core i5 brands. These processors will be utilizing a brand
new CPU soc

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Far Cry 3 with all graphical settings highest at 1920x1080p (highest my tv/monitor goes). I have MSAA and SSAO on. i think HDAO and HBAO look terrible?? I haven't tested frame rate but it's certainly in the 40+ easy. I don't get stutter or loading and i also set GPU to 5frames loading. It's a gorgeous game indeed, night times are amazing with the burnt sky reflecting on the water in patches and shining through individual cracks in leaves. Also the gunshot direction is modeled superbly as is the muffled through dense foliage/trees or within buildings.
Trouble is, when you get as good as FC3 is, it's easier to ask for more. ie; better damage model on vehicles or tracks in the sand/road or craters with explosives. Grab a hang glider and set-out from a high peak and enjoy the eagles company and it is pure visual bliss! Texture detail is amazing down to deep pitted rust on boats and jeeps in a dimensional way.
Fast travel keeps this fresh to offload a full rucksack of spoils. The interface could do with an overhaul imo. The ability to multi-select items for selling/discarding would be grateful, you can't even mouse scroll the list. A definate console attribute, but not in gameplay or graphics.. not by a far cry MILE!!
Bluerippin
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you realise that the Star Trek "Official Trailer" that you have linked here is actually NOT the official trailer, but a fan made trailer using scenes from the first film?
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Intel next-gen Haswell CPU line-up leaked

Interesting. I thought Intel would bring something new (i.e. increased speed), but it seems just an graphics chip update. It's good to know that Sandy Bridge was a good investment for years to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: