Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Hitman: Absolution Video Review [34169]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Hitman: Absolution Video Review [34169] Reply with quote

CSNation has posted up an in-depth review of Hitman: Absolution for the PC from IO Interactive and Square Enix:

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with the review. I think these guys wanted a really cool follow up, had lots of cool new stuff but just didn't put it all together properly. I've been playing it +35 hours since getting it and I'm not bored or not liking it.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, that's a nice review! Honest, open and obviously not paid by the game dev.
I agree with the reviewer. I didnt manage to pass the first, tutorial level. I was just so bored and not interested in this.... i dunno, maybe ill give it another try next year Laughing
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fan on the movie, but I am not fan of the game series - so I did not play this (and I am not planning to).
Looking at this review, it seems to me that the game is a victim of the current game trends, leaving little room for the player to deviate from the predefined path, essentially yielding a replay value of 0.
And people wonder why game sales are declining... Well, this is why. There is no value in the games anymore. Being flashy is not a value.
There's a lot they could learn from Thief; I wonder what's stopping them.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Csimbi. Fan of the movie, not of the series?! WTF. Are you on acid or something man? The movie fucking sucked ass. It was major pitiful. The games told more than the fucking movie.

@tride. Your comments don't surprise me 1 bit. Played tutorial and got bored. That just makes me laugh at how pathetic a gamer you are. As I've said time and time again. Why do you even bother gaming, do you play Barbies on your PC or something?
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tom
I am not saying they're bad, I am saying I did not enjoy them that much. I can't remember why though.
I'm not sure what's wrong with the movie; I think it was good.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
@tride. Your comments don't surprise me 1 bit. Played tutorial and got bored. That just makes me laugh at how pathetic a gamer you are. As I've said time and time again. Why do you even bother gaming, do you play Barbies on your PC or something?

Seriously, how pathetic are you ? Im not a gamer, i dont game every single game out there, either i enjoy every genre.
WTF is your problem going after everyone on this site and acting like a total douche bag ?
Fuckin looser. It's your problem that you duck infront of the PC all day long and GAME.... you, the GAMER, lol Laughing
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds better dude. I on the otherhand loved the old games.

The movie sucked the actor blew and the story was lousy. FFS they even had a lovey dovey part in it. The movie was a major laughing stock imo and an insult to the game series. What I found funny in the new game is they go with this love/emotion crap again. This is a hitman not some stupid love story. Would have been better with Vin Diesel imo but I bet when he saw the script he said, F that.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, perhaps, like in the video review, you should look at the movie as an action movie rather than a Hitman movie.
You know know can't sell a movie without girlie crap nowadays.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I am fan on the movie, but I am not fan of the game series - so I did not play this (and I am not planning to).
Looking at this review, it seems to me that the game is a victim of the current game trends, leaving little room for the player to deviate from the predefined path, essentially yielding a replay value of 0.
And people wonder why game sales are declining... Well, this is why. There is no value in the games anymore. Being flashy is not a value.
There's a lot they could learn from Thief; I wonder what's stopping them.

I too read many reviews saying the same thing -ie not being able to deviate off the predefined path. Something that Dishonored does very well.
I also read that if you die after many,many minutes etc stalking your target. It dumps you all the way back to a checkpoint and you have to do it all again inc enemy that you killed respawned?
I'll probably rent it on PS3 but wont commit to PC 'till i've tried it out.
I find i get my Thief kicks out on FarCry 3 or Skyrim, now. Cool
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably on the right track though Stumpus, buying it on console. Kinda is a little console-ish. But seeing how I'm not touching my PS3 (POS) ever again other than to play the odd bluray it was never a realistic choice.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:

I get Skyrim, but Thief kicks on Far Cry 3?
I did not play it yet; the previous Far Cry titles did not strike me as a stealth game. Is the 3rd different, or is this just a matter of preference (of how you play it)?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Stumpus wrote:

I get Skyrim, but Thief kicks on Far Cry 3?
I did not play it yet; the previous Far Cry titles did not strike me as a stealth game. Is the 3rd different, or is this just a matter of preference (of how you play it)?

Far Cry 3 models dense foliage, as in if you crouch down while in huge leaves or tall grass, you wont be seen. You can then throw a rock to turn an enemy around to investigate the sound and creep up behind and kill ala Thief/Dishonored. Believe me it works very well.
You can plant a mine or C4 throw a stone where you planted it and watch in dense undergrowth as the enemy investigate, then activate them -BOOM!

Far Cry 3 is very stealthy, unlike as you said Far Cry 2. 1 was better as you could hide in foliage and kill enemy, but nothing like FC3.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun. I guess I will have to take a look.
Thanks!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC3 is good. Hmmm. I read some biased reviews and turned my nose up to it because they said the last one was great and I found it a total bore not to mention the gfx/engine felt crappy. I think I'll wait for a sale on it and then get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: