Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Hitman: Absolution Video Review [34169]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
FC3 is good. Hmmm. I read some biased reviews and turned my nose up to it because they said the last one was great and I found it a total bore not to mention the gfx/engine felt crappy. I think I'll wait for a sale on it and then get it.

Your right, I own all FC releases. FC2 was quite rightly called Car Cry 2, because of the boring driving and respawning checkpoints on the roads.
FC3 is genuinely sandpit and do what you want. You have to make pouches, rucksacks, medicines and even wallets (for larger amounts of money) out of animal skins and plants. That turns the whole thing on it's head as you start out with NOTHING bar a gun. Make holsters and you can carry more weapons. different narcotic plants allow you to track animals or make animal repellents. It's mental watching tigers, komodo dragons and many,many others hunting other wildlife inc humans!
They all have Havok enabled, so they die very realistic.
You spend the early part of the game hunting animals -to make pouches etc just to get out. but there are at times annoying groups of bandits out there, just stay off the tracks and your pretty much ok. When you find radio masts they unlock parts of the map and more areas -they have scramblers on them. This opens up more weapons, ammo and eqipment at the local shops- which a few are free. sell stuff you find as per the usual way.
Lots and lots of side missions, which are a bit off the story kilt. But fun at times.
Be warned though, i have a pretty powerful PC and i would imagine this being very dull played on a minimum rig? It's certainly full of eye-candy which befits the open world nature of the game and in a way, FC2 worked the same way. Once seen in it's full glory it became more fun to play and allowed you to dismiss the tedious driving -in small doses Wink
Personaly i would See it at a friends or something?
I bought my copy at a shop which had one left, the guy had reserved it-an employee in the shop- but had seen it at a friends and decided against it. As i have a good machine, it's no contest, but can see his discern.
Also, die out in the field and you will spawn at the nearest radio mast unlocked, very annoying as you can't save en route other than inventory. why? i don't know..
You can fast travel between unlocked safe houses and main camp, which is brill when inventory is full.
Anyway, that's how i see the game so far. It's HUGE, easily as big as Fallout 3 map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: