Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Gameplay Walkthrough [31706]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Aliens: Colonial Marines - Gameplay Walkthrough [31706] Reply with quote

SEGA has released the first demo walkthrough of Aliens: Colonial Marines. This footage, narrated by Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software, offers an in-depth first look at what you can expect when you step into the boots of a Colonial Marine and take on the menacing Alien threat next year. Aliens: Colonial Mar

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but this looks like shit. Nothing like the "screenshots" that were floating around for years...And even if the game had the same graphics, just look at that fucking stupid AI...! Calling it "sophisticated" is an obvious lie. That guy did a poor job at trolling. And what about the blood splatters when you shoot an alien or get hit? Borderlands crap all over the place.

No surprise from aliens due to crappy AI, crappy sounds, boring environment, consolised p.o.s. with LOW fov... I can't believe I'm going to say it, but Rebellion's latest AvP is light years ahead of this crap.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really cant believe how retarded is console gameplay... lol
If you take a look at how this guy shoots, and at what he shoots.....lol. I get the feeling that the "sophisticated AI" is placing it self infront of the gun Very Happy
I think there is atmosphere in this game, we cant expect better graphics untill next gen consoles, so ...
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about this:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/10680/ss_e644d56472d959809a4d3c53f80505ec20265373.1920x1080.jpg?t=1309584832

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/10680/ss_1d11b280a15c9c416e211596560c3cb940ee4a26.1920x1080.jpg?t=1309584832
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like shit, smells like shit....you know the rest. Aliens are supposed to be tough and scary, yet this guy (protagonist) kills one with his hands right in the beginning of the game. Looks to me as they are shooting chimps rather than aliens. One alien should be enough to bring half of that squad down...
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
looks like shit, smells like shit....you know the rest. Aliens are supposed to be tough and scary, yet this guy (protagonist) kills one with his hands right in the beginning of the game. Looks to me as they are shooting chimps rather than aliens. One alien should be enough to bring half of that squad down...
Thats BS... The marines in Aliens did clear a lot of them so...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Thats BS... The marines in Aliens did clear a lot of them so...

In what universe? Please give me a reference. I remember only bunch of people getting slathered by just one alien.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliens the movie, dude...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:

everyone except Ripley died...in two movies...killed by one alien...
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
tride wrote:

79' Alien Movie yes everyone died ecept Ripley. One alien involved.

The 83' or so Aliens movie is completely different. Aliens one alien could do a ton of damage but they did take out quite a few with the automated sentry weapon systems plus more in the tactical retreats such as the ship that bishop remote flew from the sulaco. There were quite a few aliens in this movie and the ending ripley came back for the girl and ended up killing more in the egg room with the queen.

The movies that came after Aliens are all garbage and aren't worth a watch imo.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
gx-x wrote:
tride wrote:

79' Alien Movie yes everyone died ecept Ripley. One alien involved.

The 83' or so Aliens movie is completely different. Aliens one alien could do a ton of damage but they did take out quite a few with the automated sentry weapon systems plus more in the tactical retreats such as the ship that bishop remote flew from the sulaco. There were quite a few aliens in this movie and the ending ripley came back for the girl and ended up killing more in the egg room with the queen.

The movies that came after Aliens are all garbage and aren't worth a watch imo.

I was talking about alien 1 and alien 3, the one that happens in prison where they have no weapons and where in the end the real bishop comes to take Ripley. You were talking about "Aliens" (Alien 2, 1986) where they re-visit the first planet they found them on. Yes, they had firepower but aliens still kicked their asses pretty hard. Razz

What boders me with this game is the fact the aliens just rush into their death and act completely non-intelligent, which they are not, on the contrary, they would never jump in front of the turret. The lack of AI or any enthusiasm on the developers part to make this game any better or different than a standard FPS is just offensive to the "Alien" franchise.

This will be another mediocre game from start to end, lets just hope that at least story will be at least a bit immersible. Or let's hope I am completely wrong, but from what I saw in this gameplay video, the rest of the game will have to be very different from what we have seen here.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
tride wrote:

I clearly wrote "ALIENS", that this game is based on!
The Alien 3 is in totally different time and its one alien agains dumb ass unarmed prissoners Smile So, no big deal.
The AlienS, the second movie, the marines killed quite lot of the aliens, and this game is based IN THIS UNIVERSE Wink
So...

About this game. Its with Unreal 3, its a console crap and it will be a crap.
You can see how scripted and "movie experience" the gameplay is from those vidz.
One thing that got me pissed off from the narrator was when he says around 10th min. or so "power loadred, apc's... it's a real deal" ... lol, wanker! Who is he trying to sell with that ?
Those are static meshes, part of the enviroment - not something youll be able to jump into and play, so who gives a shit ?
And just before that, when the guy was welding the door's, lol that was in every single Alien game ever....
I just hate it when they try to sell me crap in such a cheap way, at-least make some effort for the money you want me to give ya... morons! Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: