Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 3 Ways to Play trailer [30662]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 3 Ways to Play trailer [30662] Reply with quote

Adam Jensen shows you three different ways to infiltrate Sarif Manufacturing in this new trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been keeping my eye on this because I loved the original and liked the sequel. This third iteration however just doesn't do it for me though. It seems like the only area the game has advanced is in regards to the high res graphics and textures. They look pretty don't get me wrong, but they are shallow in that there are no atmospheric effects.

Other than that there is still a crappy ragdoll model used for all the characters, there is no animation to any of the user actions aside from the brutal kills, the AI seems pretty stupid and is always conveniently facing the other direction. I could go on but why bother going into it... OK fine, no destructibility to the levels is another.

The main reason for the rabid attraction to the original was because at the time all these things mentioned were on par with or were ahead of the rest of the industry and the story was incredible and really sucked you in (for those of us who like conspiracy fantasy genre - if such a thing exists). The idea of hacking terminals and playing both sides of a conflict was pretty sick, just as an example.

I was really hoping this series would take a step forward in the immersion department, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is one important thing that we all must keep in mind!
We all are well fed with games. Too spoiled to be surprised by some gome nowadays. We have seen it all, in all types, genres, styles and played it all.
Nothing is to surprise us, we just want that feeling again, when we play something for the first time, never seen before!
DOOM, DUKE, QUAKE, THIEF, DEUS EX, AGE OF EMPIRES, WARCRAFT and many more were the FIRST EVER!
So, nothing will come out now, or ever, that will have the same impact on us...!
Keep that in mind for the games in future! The only thing that people enjoy nowadays is all the cursing, dirty talk, hot low poly chickZ and inovative way of killing...
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: