Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Video Card Tested [29932]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Video Card Tested [29932] Reply with quote

The chaps over HardOCP have posted their evaluation of
NVIDIA\'s GeForce GTX 580 video card today for your viewing
pleasure. How well does the GTX 580 perform?

NVIDIA has made some very interesting claims about the new GeForce GTX 580. First, NVIDIA claims the GTX 580 is the fastest DX11 GPU on the planet. With a

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, most of NVidia's claims are false - except perhaps the noise.
Anybody wants to sue them for false/misleading advertisements?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't lie actually.. they said 20-30%.. the rest seems accurate if you read the whole review.. Rolling Eyes Still going to be another ripoff and pointless purchase other than to inflate one's ego to brag. Still my 265 can handle anything thrown at it. It may not have DX11 support but who gives a shit.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
They didn't lie actually.. they said 20-30%.. the rest seems accurate if you read the whole review.. Rolling Eyes

Here:
Quote:
We never saw a full 30% faster performance in real-world gaming, so if this does exist in some game, this would be the extreme. We did often experience a 20% performance improvement over the GeForce GTX 480; some games more, some games less.

Sounds more like 20%-25%.

Tom wrote:
Still going to be another ripoff and pointless purchase other than to inflate one's ego to brag. Still my 265 can handle anything thrown at it.

Sadly, I have to agree with this. My EVGA 8800GTX ACS3 KO runs every game smoothly in 1920*1200, so no there is no point upgrading at all. The only reason for me to upgrade would be a significantly reduced energy consumption (then the extra money invested would not feel like a waste because it would come back eventually).

Tom wrote:
It may not have DX11 support but who gives a shit.

I know I don't.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. My two 8800gtxs run everything fine at 1900x1200 even one will. The 7800gtx 512mb card still runs like a champ too. I did pick up a gtx460 for one of the kid comps and the games they have are some of what I play like world of tanks (free beta easy to get into plus they like driving) and I can't tell the difference and it runs everything on max settings fine as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: