Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Silent Hunter V: Battle Of The Atlantic Preview [28556]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Silent Hunter V: Battle Of The Atlantic Preview [28556] Reply with quote

Subsim has posted an extensive preview of Silent Hunter V: Battle of the Atlantic, Ubisoft\'s upcoming submarine simulation. Here\'s an excerpt:

ed. I counted over 12 ships when departing Kiel for a patrol. Any evaluation of wolfpacks will have to wait for the review.

Now, here\'s something I have always been int

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I kept watch with the AI crew on the bridge, and I was able to make out the ships on the horizon before the AI crew did. Big plus for that, I like incentives to get more involved in the gameplay and this one is appreciated.

Yeah right! SH4 had the SAME problem, even had crew that stayed on the bridge when the sub was 20ft under the sea!! Miopic crew that can't see enemy ships and can't tell when they are on the surface or below it....great Rolling Eyes

The job of crew on watch is just that, WATCH! When you have your hands full managing crew fatigue,repairs reloading torps the last thing you need is to be on deck doing their jobs. It's pleasantly more realistic -like ArmA/OFP- to have crew that scan the horizon and call out positions that they cover visualy and you can report back to them what you see.
It's a glaring BUG, not something to say is 'FUN'..FFS!! Evil or Very Mad
Once the first round of patches get done, and that is in it, i'll consider SHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: