Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Aliens vs. Predator PC Demo Released Early [28463]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Aliens vs. Predator PC Demo Released Early [28463] Reply with quote

The PC demo for Aliens vs. Predator has been just released on Steam. You need to register on their website in order to dowload and play the demo. To download the demo (1.2GBB) click here.

The multiplayer demo gives access to all three species – the Colonial Marine, the Predator and the Alien – and Deathmatch mo

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised the DX9 feature and boy does it show, the look reminds me of the original (graphically) as for the gameplay its nothing special. After all the hoopla it failed to deliver any real significant change from the original. This may lead ppl to believe the SP mode is probably shoddy, its not the first or last time spurious claims are used to entice gamers.

Consequently maybe we can expect the hardcore modding community to provide a adequate alternative, REBELLION bunch of muppets, give it to the eastern europeans or yanks !
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its fun, i was hopping the didnt change it much from the original.
but the dx9 dosnt make it look over the top at all.. witch is a shame. dx11 should have been supported for a demo after all its a selling point... if you see what it looks like.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darknothing wrote:
its fun, i was hopping the didnt change it much from the original.
but the dx9 dosnt make it look over the top at all.. witch is a shame. dx11 should have been supported for a demo after all its a selling point... if you see what it looks like.

also issues connecting, played one game after that couldn't find another game.
Needs dedicated servers.. bad.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just another one of those 'scrape the bottom of the bucket' type games. Not at all interested even in the demo.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this demo a bit. It's pretty ordinary. I had the most fun playing as the Alien. Mouse movement feels like wading through a very viscous liquid, especially as the marine. So it's pretty hard to aim accurately in the heat of battle. The graphics are nice but not spectacular. I suppose the final release will be brimming with every dx11 post effect 'in the catalog'. I would much rather play the single player version of this, but I'll wait until the game is a bit cheaper for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: