Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

where are all the ati owners?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FX5900

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: where are all the ati owners? Reply with quote

Come on... we're trying to get a serious flame war happening here, but where are all the ATI owners?

EDIT: I found out where they are!!! Over on Rage3D fixing their driver problems! Laughing
SAVAGE 3
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both a 5900XT and a 9600XT and am very impressed with both cards. I have no quarrel between the two companies.
lucas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they're off _PLAYING GAMES_ since thats what they bought their cards for, rather than trying to compensate for cock size. FLAME ON!!!!
liGhtblue fox
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...ati should be good in AA and AF but nvidias OpenGl-support is better...
But usually every owner acclaims his card...if you`re ati owner you like ati, if you are Nvidia owner you like nvidia and so on...
DDRRE
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liGhtblue fox wrote:
well...ati should be good in AA and AF but nvidias OpenGl-support is better...
But usually every owner acclaims his card...if you`re ati owner you like ati, if you are Nvidia owner you like nvidia and so on...

Agreed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i own both and nvidia rules, there is no question. nvidia is way more compatible with virtually 0 issues and as i own a 9700, 4200 and 5900 i'd say overall the 5900 owns anything i've seen from ati so far. not speaking of even newer cards. too many games chug with the 9700 that even the pitiful 4200 runs without issue. some games being a perfect example is C&C Generals, NeverWinter Nights. ATI told me, and rage3d people flamed me saying it's the games bad code. so how does a 4200 run these games better? guess that CSF chip(code syntax fixerupper) on the card must be working..9700 also chugs in heavy action in UT2K4 but strangely my 5900 doesn't... must be bad code in UT as well. does nvidia have a patent on their code fixing cards?

@DDRE is your sig big enough for ya?.. are you blind? at least if it was a nice looking sig i could handle it but its this pink huge blob, looks almost like a big tampax box.
ace
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using nvidia for several years now, have had absolutely no problems with them, before that had a good old voodoo banshee. There's always going to be better and better cards coming out, no matter how much money you spend, just the way technology moves, and so the battle between company a and company b will go on and on.

However, since I got my 9800xt, I have noticed some decent improvements in the way graphics are handled in the latest games, a shame that half life 2 hasn't been released soon enough for the card to take advantage of Rolling Eyes

Like Savage 3, I'm pretty much neutral in this one Smile

I also have an nforce2 based board, which backs up my argument Smile
liGhtblue fox
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well..i kind a think that ati is for more proffessional users.
Ati-s controls are more difficult than Nvidia ones nad offer more possibilitys to to tweak your card how you like. But nvidias CP is simple clear and offers nice overclocking feature built in... Wink

I used geForce2 mx-400 64sdram before i got ati....i never had problems with my previous card, but then i got ati....
I basically didn`t no anything about ati, and i had lot of problems with drivers and even raven-shield runs buggy and weird(even now!)..but with previous acard it runs fine!... but RS is ati game... Embarassed
But now i always use softomoded driver, because i like toi overclock my card slightly... Core [email protected] eXtra cooling...but +500 in 3dmark01se... Smile

Last edited by liGhtblue fox on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liGhtblue fox wrote:
well..i kind a think that ati is for more proffessional users.

HAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAA OMG I spit out my gum laughing so hard!! God man, with a name like yours, you must be smoking something good to say something like that. Holy $hit. And to top it off with a synthetic benchmark score.. jee, let me guess, it didn't go up cuz your antivirus was down this time, or because you had freshly booted or anything, hell no, nothing to do with your benchmark...lol.
Essobie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ati owner here and proud of it lol

i currently own the ATI 9800 AIW pro
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then why are you using them in your xbox2 genius... lmao Razz Razz Razz
maga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here I am ! Radeon 9800Pro and proud of it....anyway, until i get the money to get a X800 PRO or XT....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a 9700 XT which is pretty good, but not the greatest! Its not too bad as i got it for free! Wink
makaveli
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using both ATI and NVIDIA ... but I must say, quality wise, NVIDIA rocks, performance ( speed ) wise, ATI rules.

Stability wise... both card have no crashed yet.
FX5900

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the people who say "i have nVidia and ATI, and they are both good"... as if that's going to dampen these flame wars? Laughing

here I am ! Radeon 9800Pro and proud of it.

You sound like an activist for Gay rights! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> NVIDIA vs ATI All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: