Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

ATI owners: please read...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FX5900

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: ATI owners: please read... Reply with quote

This forum is entitled "NVIDIA vs ATI".
Notice who comes first???? Very Happy Laughing
skillzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conspiracy
liGhtblue fox
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointless topic BTW...
Make more topics like"linux vs windows"
"IE vs mozilla"
DDRRE
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nVidia's great; Their drivers own.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blindside
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA (0) vs. ATI (1) Reply with quote

The reason NVIDIA is first is because it is the company that has to prove itself against ATI currently. It's the same common theme in courtrooms when you have the plantiff vs. defendant. The "plantiff' (NVIDIA) has to prove it is better than ATI, whereas ATI is defending the fact that it is the reigning champ. This holds true since NVIDIA even admitted that last years cards were plagued with problems and the reason the 9800 pro dominated and ATI moved ahead so far in the battle of the cards. Moving forward, ATI was the first to release PCI-EX cards. Intel went to ATI first to get PCI EX cards and ATI did not want to deliver 1000 cards to Intel so it THEN went to NVIDIA (Sloppy Seconds) for 1000 PCI-EX cards. Also ATI has a native PCI-EX GPU whereas NVIDIA's card uses a an AGP to PCI Express bridge chip. (Hmmm...) Score ATI = 1, NVIDIA = 0
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plagued with problems eh? Ya.. tell that to my son and wife that have zero problems and never have had any. It was just me with my old piece of crap 9700. Blindside you're an ATI user, blatant enough without even mention of what card you have. How it could be 1-0 for ATI when nvidia has been making gaming cards since the start, you are really wacked man. Is this your first computer? Seems so. PCI-Xpress, oh wait ATI has those crap cards out now, and nearly nobody has PCI-Xpress... good business move. You aren't even worth my typing energy, I'll wait till someone posts something valid and worth the time. Just so you know, Nvidia already stated they wont put out full fledged PCI Xpress cards till September as there is no demand nor are motherboards up to specification to run them properly. Get a clue and come back. I remember when Nvidia was kicking ATI's butt only a few years ago.. remember that 8500? Remember the cards before which weren't even contenders for being gaming cards? You don't even know the history of the gpu maker you bought the card from.. But at least you came here to make a fool of yourself. Thanks for the laugh.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATI has so many trash cards on the market, anyone who says they are the best truely doesn't know a bloody thing. Ooooh, remember that Mach64 or the 3DPro Turbo! Wooo what power horses... Real contenders against 3dfx and nvidia eh? Wooo, what a gaming company... bah...
Blindside
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so then lets take our current cards on the market that are NOT PCI-EX. since that's too far ahead to count. (I'll admit it.. sure) What's your candy? Sure NVIDIA has the drivers as everyone will tell you at the beginning of any ATI vs. NVIDIA argument. But lets talk about gameplay and quality.. which is essentially what this comes down to doesn't it? You choose the game and resolution and tell me who has better graphics quality. I mean, if you want to pull some CHICK move and pull up everything from the past... fine.. sure NVIDIA make good cards. I have NVIDIA so I'm not arguing that with you. I'm just saying that when I'm playing Doom III or Half Life 2, I want the best card that is going to give me the best graphics. Since those games aren't out yet, lets compare something else, Far Cry or UT2004 at say 1600 resolution? What about FSAA? How will your card compare to an 9800XT? Do you think it is a fair comparison or should we choose a newer NVIDIA card? Where does it beat ATI for FPS, Picture Quality for FSAA, etc. ... seriously?
Blindside
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, since you brought it up. ATI did not send any cards to Intel --NVIDIA did.. even though ATI had the first cards. so you tell me about the business move...? ATI passed and let NVIDIA start digging their own hole.
Blindside
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I'll admit when I'm wrong--Although I did say that last years cards were "plagued with problems" which they were.. Comparively with the 9700/9800 Pro's that were out at the same time.. NVIDIA's benchmards weren't impressive and they did admit that the double slots and excessive noise from the first generation of their newer lines of cards weren't as good as they hoped.
Thankfully now though, the cards have moved on and are finally showing what NVIDA has been know for all along.. great graphics at great speeds.
I was posting elsewhere in response to 5900's post--that although I do currently have an ATI card, it has unfortunately let me down. I've noticed game glitches and abnormalities in Far Cry, Painkiller.. Hitman etc.. which shouldn't be happening for a card this expensive and I know it's not my CPU/Memory. I mean we're the ones who dish out $500 bucks for a new card, and expect it to be the best of them all.. thus the reason we defend them so much.. but alas I am going back to NVIDIA and getting myself the new 6800 Ultra 256... SO.. Father.. Forgive me for sinning but have made my mistakes and have learned from them, and I'm going back to what I know to be good and true.. Nvidia.-- Just in time for Doom III on July 27th. Mwah haha....
Blindside
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could just find a 6800 Ultra to buy now.....
s20dan
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Didnt realise how old this thread was Smile
paulritik09
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA vs ATI Reply with quote

Well I m not able to realised that how old this post was
Willard48
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love NVIDIA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> NVIDIA vs ATI All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: