Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Ubisoft Sues over Assassin's Creed Leak [25699]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Ubisoft Sues over Assassin's Creed Leak [25699] Reply with quote

GameSpot reports that Ubisoft is suing Optical Experts Manufacturing, alleging one of the employees of the Charlotte, North Carolina-based disc replication company pilfered a copy of Assassin\'s Creed and leaked it to the internet. The publisher alleges that "an extraordinary breach of trust and gross

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an absolute idiot!
Like you get a coup and instead of enjoying it, "look world, do you want a copy?" moron can't keep his mouth shut.
Deserves all they get for employing it Laughing
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i ain't even played the game.. sure I saw the screenshots but it looked like a nooby console port to me.. and just looking at ubisofts way of handling this it seems as though they think 700,000 pirates downloading a broken assed game, would actually result in sales had it not being leaked, i think they fail to see some pirates would never have bought the game anyway willing to bet a vast majority probably only the tried teh game out as they would a demo, and another percentage probably would have bought it if it wasn't for the fact being a legit user is only more hassle in the drm bullshit this industry has gone along with... because making it more of a hassle for a user to play a game is much better than just offering a game that just works and is much easier for the gamer. That woudl just be like far to sensible.

so as they only made 40,000 sales on the pc! (i'm sure its much higher by now!) and supposedly if 700,000 pirates had bought the game ubisoft would have been much happy. no doubt they would have still gone for the lawsuit.

as for there reputation over this "Ubisoft says it included a bug in the pre-release Assassin's Creed for security reasons that would cause the game to crash partway through. The bug was supposedly removed from the retail edition"

lol lol lol lol... WTF why even do a pre release and leave a BUG that crashes the game!.. lol stupid assed shit I ever heard... if they didn't want the pre release game to played more than half way through why didn't they made users away of it from the start, and have a proper in game cut off and screen letting those playing the pre release know. Just sounds to me like they fudged up, and its bitten them in the ass.. and now its time to sue the OEM cd making company because one employee got silly and shared it...

"It is asking for damages and legal fees relating to all three claims, in the amount of no less than $10 million each for the breach of contract and negligence claims. "

well I hope the cd pressing company wins this tbh, $10mil for each claim get stuffed.. Ubisoft screwed this up just as much in getting a bad rep, and i think they're getting a little greedy with those kinda claims.

i think Ubisoft could have handled this in a much better ways that woudl have them come out looking good.. but greed just got too much for there silly little minds.. I have no respect for them
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see you invest millions of dollars into something only to have it pirated and then say the same crap u just said. Fact is you can easily go to any torrent site, type in the game, and see how many times its been downloaded and there u have all the numbers u need. Its not about if they woulda bought it or not, they downloaded it. In the real world you first buy before you enjoy its full benefits. You don't steal a house and then decide if u want to buy it. You don't rob a bank and then decide if its better to work for the money. Well same with games, if you don't think you won't like it you don't buy it. There are plenty of reviews out for you to get a good grasp on if you would like a product or not.

Its impossible to clean out all the bugs out of any software when its as big as assasins creed, you simply have to accept and appreciate any patches u get because they certainly dont make any cash developing patches. And you're certainly not helping developers spend more time fixing bugs by stealing their games. If game companies actually sold all those pirated games then the companies would actually put in more effort and time fixing bugs...but when you know you're gonna get ripped you stop caring about bugs.
Safer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genoism wrote:
lets see you invest millions of dollars into something only to have it pirated and then say the same crap u just said. Fact is you can easily go to any torrent site, type in the game, and see how many times its been downloaded and there u have all the numbers u need. Its not about if they woulda bought it or not, they downloaded it. In the real world you first buy before you enjoy its full benefits. You don't steal a house and then decide if u want to buy it. You don't rob a bank and then decide if its better to work for the money. Well same with games, if you don't think you won't like it you don't buy it. There are plenty of reviews out for you to get a good grasp on if you would like a product or not.

Its impossible to clean out all the bugs out of any software when its as big as assasins creed, you simply have to accept and appreciate any patches u get because they certainly dont make any cash developing patches. And you're certainly not helping developers spend more time fixing bugs by stealing their games. If game companies actually sold all those pirated games then the companies would actually put in more effort and time fixing bugs...but when you know you're gonna get ripped you stop caring about bugs.

It would be easy to break down how awful pirating software is like this if actually something was stolen. I'll just argue the fact your copy bit after bit - a fundamental part of how a computer system works.
They invest greatly into ad campaigns, production of physical media to sell etc and what they lose in the end on downloads are POTENTIAL sales - sold copies of the physically printed disc edition of the game that could possibly be sold if the person the downloaded it instead had just bought it.

Considering how other companys invest into large projects for millions of dollars and sometimes can't get it to go full circle - I hardly see how you can estimate losses of actual sales with a number you find on a torrentsite, when they themselves estimate sales with number of physical, produced discs and bundles. Sounds like bullshit to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: