Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Far Cry 2 Q&A [24725]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Far Cry 2 Q&A [24725] Reply with quote

PC Games Hardware Extreme has posted a Q&A with Dominic Guay as he talks about plans for Far Cry 2, the sequel to the 2004 released first person shooter. The topics include the Cry erer, the effects, the AI, the multi-CPU support and more. Here\'s a taster:

11) John Parks UbiÂ’s Marketing Dire

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Majnun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this game is as good as it sounds (I know...they never are...but I can dream).

The comment about the AI "have basic needs that they need to satisfy and they go about their business satisfying those needs" sure does sound like what STALKER promised way back when. Did STALKER deliver on that? I think it came close...but not quite (although it did a lot better job than Oblivions horrible Radiant AI). Hopefully FC2 will get it right.

I read the transcript of the closed viewing they had a while back but can't remember what it said about enemy types. I sure hope there are no mutants or aliens in this one. Humans, vehicles, even wild animals (lions, crocodiles, rhino's oh my) would be fine...just no more friggin mutants or aliens please. Although the trigen did kinda grow on me, except for the pissed off chimp trigens and the crappy volcano/crater final level. I'd still rather not see that kind of thing at all (even zombies/infected would be preferable).
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need skynet for an ai ... lol jk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: