Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Clive Barker's Jericho Demo [24247]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Clive Barker's Jericho Demo [24247] Reply with quote

Codemasters has released

a playable demo for
Clive Barker's Jericho, allowing you to try out the upcoming squad-based horror FPS developed by Mercury Steam Entertainment. The demo includes an introductory Jericho video and lets you play as three of the Jericho squad members through the sewers of Al Khali. T

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impressed, took me longer to download it (20mb connection) than finish it Confused
Renton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

IMPRESSIVE

sadly... too short.
i'veen wainting something like this since Undying.

[stupid UT psychics, they f*cked up bioshock, moh: airborne and now this masterpiece... come one!!! someone take a lead in this mather!!!]
xxxxx+
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Disappointing Reply with quote

Badly implemented, disappointing demo. Ridiculous amount of data for a 5-10 minute demo. Feels dated and offers nothing new. Feels a bit like a darker but unoptimised Prey (but not as good playability). All a bit chaotic and not that scary. Feels like a console port too, with the weird 'mini challenges' where you have to quickly press the direction keys in exact sequence, to fight a baddie or avoid something. Feels way too prescriptive and console-ish. Oh well. For my money... one to miss...
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pff I thought it was great. Short demo yeah, but that does not make it a bad game. I like having two weapons to choose from at all times and switching characters. The artwork is very impressive too.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappointing Reply with quote

xxxxx+ wrote:
Badly implemented, disappointing demo. Ridiculous amount of data for a 5-10 minute demo. Feels dated and offers nothing new. Feels a bit like a darker but unoptimised Prey (but not as good playability). All a bit chaotic and not that scary. Feels like a console port too, with the weird 'mini challenges' where you have to quickly press the direction keys in exact sequence, to fight a baddie or avoid something. Feels way too prescriptive and console-ish. Oh well. For my money... one to miss...

Fahrenheit and Sid Meiers Pirates had the same 'push the correct button' sequence mentality. Definetly borne from consoles.
Graphicaly the game looks superb, but so does HD TV. It's no use though if the program or game is crap though.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of - this is not Unreal 3 engine, it's Mercury Engine.

Second - You would have to download 1 gig even if the game had only menu with no gameplay at all because you have to download the engine and some content, being that the engine alone is prolly ~600mb, one gig is fine. We are way past '99's where you got 10 demos on CD with your favorite mag Wink

Third - I don't like pushing thoese sequences with buttons also, but that may be because I never had to do it before (didn't buy a console since sega mega drive Very Happy )
Renton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Sequences Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
First of - this is not Unreal 3 engine, it's Mercury Engine.

ops! I thought it was the UTengine. My bad.
I hate the push sequence to. Totolly ruins the immersion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: