Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars demo [24171]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars demo [24171] Reply with quote

of close quarters infantry action, vehicle battles and aircraft dogfights, and the varied terrain combining mountains, waterways, tunnels and industrial structures allows for many different playing styles. To top it all off, there's a multitude of optional side missions and plenty of opportunities to try out the vario

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATI hot fix... lol. That sucks, glad I'm a nvidia guy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm disappointed cause I wasn't really expecting it to top plain old ET. Can't say it's a bad game either because it's obvious how much work went into this. Thing is, this has absolutely nothing to do with ET. It has classes, but that's it. It's totally Battlefield-a-like game with a few homages to RTCW. That's it. Thought about it long and hard, but I'm skipping it. Sad
Smiley_ie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the last demo of this and played it with bots and it played and felt like a copy of BF *^42 the space one. Complete pants.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the vehicle's suck soo bad, there uber glitchy and don't even feel like a vehicle should... but the weapons and other gameplay aspects seam to be pretty tight... if you like fast action this is for you,... but i would wait for ut to come out.... Wink i wont be buying this game... just seams slapped together.. don't even feel like a quake game should.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird? I'm an old time player of RTCW and ET and after reading some of your comments i wasn't looking forward to trying this.
But i've just played this on a couple of cracking servers -must have been full of vets Wink -because we had medics and engineers etc working as a team and i must say it gave me the same old 'warm' feeling that RTCW/ET gave me.
Sure it picks up guys that haven't played RTCW but we all start somewhere.
Main thing is it has potential and i bet the full product kicks butt!
20mb Broadband sure helps, compaired to 512kb when i played RTCW et al Laughing
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For instance, there's no more close encounters. The player movement speed is just too fast for it and there isn't an appropriate place in the game anyway from what I've seen so far. And if someone thinks of throwing a parallel to Quake 3..no. Quake 3 was mostly fought with RL/Rail and was a one hit kill. In ET you had to place at least 3 HS (or 4 for a rambo medic) to down someone. Obviously the movement speed had to be changed to compensate for the bigger map sizes but it effects the game play the most in a FPS game. Vehicles have that bullshit imprecise netcode fucked movement we all hate.

I'm not saying the game isn't fun, I'm just saying it really has nothing to do with ET and is very far off of being a game that can be played competitively. I don't even want to go into team balance. Jumpjets? WTF? Plus i miss strafe jumping like you wouldn't believe. Plus it has autoaim. I just don't like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: