Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

ATI is going to be bought? [19215]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: ATI is going to be bought? [19215] Reply with quote

Rumors are swirling that ATI has become a takeover target, with Broadcom, AMD, Intel, and Texas Instruments possibly being interested in snapping up the graphics chip giant:

A mini-rally in ATI Technologies Inc. shares has sparked speculation the computer graphics chip maker could be a takeover candidate. In a

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit!!! WTF??? I hope noone's going to confirm that, I hope it isn't true. ATI has become stronger than it's ever been, I was just starting to enjoy the great battle between ATI and Nvidia, after Nvidia lost its almost-monopoly.
If rumours are true indeed, I'm deeply and sincerely sorry, ATI.
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, maybe driver quality will get better, maybe CCC will be dropped and we can go back to a normal control panel. And wait for it... wait...wait...maybe some GAME PATCHES???!!!! Ya!!!! I just love the jagged shadows in BF2 at maximum quality settings!!! Wooo! Maybe when ur bug w/pic proof and system snapshot that was sent to ATI 5 months ago, maybe just maybe we'd see a patch for it. Or maybe just a email reply. ATI support sucks and I hope they do get bought out. Be nice to have another company take over the software support side since ATI so damn slow at patching anything and everything.. Oh and the F'd up shadows are in HL2 as well...u just got to look for it to see it...OF COURSE IM SURE THE GENIUSES AT ATI KNOW ABOUT IT! Pfff.. NOT.
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, XXXX, don't you understand what would buying out ATI mean? Those who buy it won't be able to compete with Nvidia, they probably even wouldn't want to. Nvidia will relax and start making shitty cards. Progress is being achieved in videocard technology only because of the forced competition. No rival --> no need to worry about anything --> little or no progress --> shit instead of satisfying product.
And then, if you don't like the shadows rendered by ATI, buy Nvidia cards, it's just that simple. I'm rather content with my 9800XT and have no issues whatsoever. I've made my choice and feel no regret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: