Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 10 Intel Security Update is now available [44984]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Windows 10 Intel Security Update is now available [44984] Reply with quote

Yesterday, I informed you about a security design flaw in Intel’s processor that required a new software update. According to initial reports, this fix would bring a performance hit on Intel’s CPUs somewhere between 5-30%. Microsoft has released this security fix for Windows 10 so it’s time to test some triple-A

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bullshit though, Intel and AMD should be giving people money back. I didn't buy a cpu that said it would have a 5-30% performance hit down the road. Do you buy a car with 200HP and a problem later on down the road forces you to lose 60HP? Not fucking likely. Class Action lawsuit man. And why is MS putting out a fix in such rushed fashion when Intel said they are working on a fix.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran the WinRAR benchmark on my i7-4790K just now (runs at stock speed).
Single-threaded: 2056
Multi-threaded: 12286
I will measure again after Windows 7 has been patched.

The patch in the CPU microcode should provide a much smaller performance hit. I wonder how old motherboards will get new BIOSes to fix the CPUs...
MS has to patch quickly or else.
I suspect they'll reverse the patch once the CPUs are fixed (or they detect that they are running on a fixed CPU).
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was going to upgrade my machine and taking it from medium grade-to-high grade... but now I read this shit, F that. Not until this is fixed. And I love the article that try and paint Intel as the only one when AMD fails as well. Nice job media!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: