Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Intel unveils its 8th gen Core processors [44343]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Intel unveils its 8th gen Core processors [44343] Reply with quote

i3 CPUs have usually featured hyper-threading, this time around, Intel has decided to ditch it in favor of the updated core counts. The new processors are based on Intel's 14nm FinFET process introduced with Skylake. Compared to previous generations, the new 14nm++ architecture provide better boost clocks and multitas

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, read it earlier on another site this morning.
These CPUs are pretty pathetic.
It's clear that they'be been made without any competition from AMD in mind.
AMD made a decent one so they make 4 core mainstream now. That's all.
The 4790K seems to have proven to be - yet again - a very good investment; still no point upgrading... a few hungred Mhz and 2 additional cores bring no improvements to me...

I really wish they would bump the CPU speed... I mean, really bump it up. We should be over 6-7Ghz by now yet they are still below 5Gz... Those two extra cores are meaningless to gamers, no matter what their market. They should have made a 7Ghz dual-core and a 6Ghz quad-code CPU. That would have sold better...
This shite won't.

Ciao Intel!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Yeah, read it earlier on another site this morning.
These CPUs are pretty pathetic.
It's clear that they'be been made without any competition from AMD in mind.
AMD made a decent one so they make 4 core mainstream now. That's all.
The 4790K seems to have proven to be - yet again - a very good investment; still no point upgrading... a few hungred Mhz and 2 additional cores bring no improvements to me...

I really wish they would bump the CPU speed... I mean, really bump it up. We should be over 6-7Ghz by now yet they are still below 5Gz... Those two extra cores are meaningless to gamers, no matter what their market. They should have made a 7Ghz dual-core and a 6Ghz quad-code CPU. That would have sold better...
This shite won't.

Ciao Intel!

i7 is/was overkill. i5 is more than enough and mine is still going great. Maxxed my ram and ssd. I have no problems playing anything. And sorry 6ghz + won't entice me to buy shit.
doodah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
We should be over 6-7Ghz by now yet they are still below 5Gz...

Not going to happen - as speed increases, power does too and therefore heat, but heat increases more than double as the power goes up. They could probably get a 5GHz dual core, but who would buy that when you can get a hex core that does 4.7GHz when boosting - just disable cores in the BIOS and away you go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: