Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

How to erase iPhone completely before selling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucillie
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: How to erase iPhone completely before selling Reply with quote

I want to sell my iPhone 5S and want to remove all the content and settings from the device, how can i do that?

Edit: I searched on Google and found a post on CNET, saying a factory reset is not secure enough and the data is still accessible by tools. I followed the tutorial on that post to erase content and settings first with an data cleaning app, then do a factory reset. This should be enough and there is no way to recover any data from the iPhone.

Last edited by lucillie on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: How to erase iPhone completely before selling Reply with quote

[quote="lucillie"]I want to sell my iPhone 5S and want to remove all the content and settings from the device, how can i do that?[/quote

actually it's pretty easy.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351
lisaabC
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

To erase iPhone data permanently before selling it, pro iPhone Data Eraser program can help you do that. By operating it, you can choose the security level to delete data from iPhone according to your own needs. After erasing, the whole traces of your iPhone will be wiped off permanently without recovering.
Kolpoiu123
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ever used iOS data eraser app to erase my old iPhone before selling, I think it's a nice tool if guys want to completely erase their sensitive data.
Tips to Wipe Everything from iPhone before Selling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: