Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 10 - Game mode tested [42658]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Windows 10 - Game mode tested [42658] Reply with quote

Game mode is a feature that a lot of PC gamers were looking forward to. This mode is available in the latest Windows 10 Insiders Build, however it appears that it does not offer any performance improvement at all. Both Primeey and Go4Game have tested Forza Horizon 3 and found zero performance improvements:

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it appears that it does not offer any performance improvement at all

Quote:
tested Forza Horizon 3 and found zero performance improvements

Quote:
tested Rise of the Tomb Raider and did not see any performance improvements

As said earlier, they are all talk, so no surprises here.
Thanks for posting though, now we can point the yaysayers here.

Microsoft has to realize that PC games are not quite limited by the resources of an XBOX so techniques that help an older PC or and XBOX won't do squat for modern PCs.
The only thing that would speed up thing was a decent DX. DX12 was highly anticipated because we expected that the idle CPU cores could be actively involved in the 3D engine calculations. But, we already know that Microsoft trashed DX12 so let's see whether they can fix their shit in DX13 and Windows 11.
I guess it's a good thing that Office products keep the company floating. If I were an investor, I would not be very happy to see so much money go down the toilet...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still too early to write-off as the feature is still a WIP, I just see some stupid ignorant fuck who doesn't follow dev news and a bunch of haters.

Right off the bat? 16GB ram? Why? It doesn't do jack shit there are a million tests to prove it. So the gamer right off testing here is a n00b.

Then Intel 4670K ?? how about i5 4670. Who writes it out as Intel 4670? A fucking n00b?? yeah a n00b.

Then lets look at games chosen/tested are fucking buggy/unoptimized shit. Only a fucking idiot thinks there will be some sort of difference. Game mode doesn't make shit coded games better, but nice try.

This is some teenage dumb fuck n00b who's fucking lazy and ignorant

Quote:
Game Mode is about biasing the game from a GPU perspective so it gets more of the cycles if it’s in the foreground, and from a CPU perspective both biasing to get more CPU cycles as well as avoiding what I’ll call thread contention for the game.

I've never sworn this was anything super special, but at the same rate I wont be a fucking jerk-off and put it down without actually having the OS or trying the feature. I've tried it, I haven't noticed any discernible difference yet but it's still in dev and I'm pretty sure they are only working on UI.

Only real thing I was crediting is MS efforts, Xbox/PC cross platform and trying to bring the players together. I welcome their efforts.

EDIT: Now we get Tim Sweeney shooting off his mouth about how this is all aimed at killing Steam. Ya.. really is. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: