Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

uninstalling the uninstallables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigermonk
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: uninstalling the uninstallables Reply with quote

i'm having a problem uninstalling panda antivirus. my only unistall files are the .INI and the .DLL. i don't have setup.exe either. also i can't uninstall it from the control panel/add remove programs. what other paths do i have besides straight out deleting it?
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know the only way to uninstall is through the uninstall program.

you could try using the orignal setup file, that might provide you with an uninstall option, if you are lucky!

Otherwise the only way you can do it is delete the files, and use a reg cleaner to get rid of the registry settings, and then get an uninstall program to delete the entry in Add/Remove Programs!
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure all that does is display the ones already in Add/Remove programs, it does give you more options, but its pretty much the same!
tigermonk
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, i'm having so much fun with panda...

i tried out that program "Advanced Uninstaller". it opened up the list of every program that i have on my computer (like the add/remove list) and i seleced the 2 panda entries and hit "uninstall". nothing happened, then i tried "forced removal" of both of the entries one at a time and that took them both off that list. the panda dir was still there, so just as a test i tried opening the program, and it was still there.

then, i restarted my computer in safe mode and tried basically the same thing, still didn't work.

then, i restarted, opened up cmd and taskmgr, closed explorer, navigated to the program files dir and tried to del *.* in the panda dir and this is what i got:

i don't know about you guys but i think this is alot of fun! so how's another way to get around deleting .dll files? (notice that it's only .dll's and .exe's that are left, i got rid of everything else already.)

also after deleting these files, how would i go about deleting it from the regestry?

sorry if this seems too nubbish but this is just frustrating. and i know how 1337 everybody here is Smile
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look through the services running on your computer (at the run command type services.msc) and see if there are any Panda services running. these could be using the DLLs and EXEs that are acess denied to you
oldwordsmith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Panda Antivirus uninstall Reply with quote

Been there, done that. Did you ever get it figured out??? I have a copy of the "official" method from Pandasoft if you still need help. Let me know.
maga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it's simple

your user haven't got the rights to delete those files. SO, log on with administrator, change those file's owner to your user, and have fun deleting them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unclebobee
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: uninstalling Reply with quote

If you have a file that is refusing to delete, download 'unlocker' and that will help....
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to manually uninstall it, that is deleting all files and registry entries as well. You can try the official uninstall method.
Regarding deleting files they should get deleted in safe mode but still if it doesnt u can dnload applications to kill files.

Main problem would be taking care of the loads of registry entries.
need for speed fan

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a bit wierd for mine it says if you delete this program then the computer wont work and it gives me options no/yes Shocked
Fvorost
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And use a reg cleaner to get rid of the registry settings.
robertooo11
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Panda Generic Uninstaller: Panda Security provides a dedicated tool called the Panda Generic Uninstaller that can remove their antivirus software. You can download it from the official Panda Security website and follow the provided instructions to run the uninstallation process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: