Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - If You're Not Paranoid, You're Crazy [40527]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: TechNews - If You're Not Paranoid, You're Crazy [40527] Reply with quote

Am I the only one that's incredibly suspicious of why microsoft is so
keen for everyone to uot;upgradeuot; to Windows 10? MS has never been one to
give away anything for free, they have gone out of their way to prevent
their software from being used for free , they have never offered a new
Windows version for

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bait news item.I'm not playing along this time. Feel free to listen to Koogle's retard rants of MS. Yes MS is doing evil that's why corporations etc are deploying Win10. Because it's evil. Linux is free, Mac upgrades are free but yes, when MS makes it free and already stated to be treated as a service, it's bad. Seriously remember what I told you about paranoia? Anyway, go off on your paranoiia trip. I don't care if it updates itself. Not like I can't see what was updated. Rolling Eyes
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not like I can't see what was updated"

What was updated? oh the shit you read on the kB article. Why does microsuck only hire the fucking incompetent programers & kindergarten designers who can't even be bothered to design a fucking windows update gui that shows you a more detailed description of what is in a update, instead you have to go searching for a kb<num> to read more about what they 'choose to tell you' what is in the update. Allows the users to never update.Let alone provide a built in update gui that isn't this shitting garbage tool http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-releases-tool-to-hide-or-block-unwanted-windows-10-updates/ that lets you just see what updates are available and which 'YOU' want to download..

Win10 is everything that makes me feel that it isn't my pc.. its just some poorly designed crap you have on your PC hardware (that only survives on the legacy of windows and its past eco system of software that works on it, if win10 had zero backwards compatibility i dont even think morons like tom would use it) its ultimately owned and control by microsucm and partners.... and they really want people using it.. I can't IMAGINE WHY, what with all the backdoors and data gathering shit laced everywhere, its perfect they really need to get that shit on everyones machine.

Basically all that windows10 tells me is if you are using and liking that piece junk, is that you are a complete moron with the style taste and feature expectations of a dead fucking goat.. or a complete pc noob who doesn't know any better, in which case you could probably shove an icrap device infront of them and they would still feel just at home with that piece of dumb downed garbage aswel so long as its got some shitty web browser..because they all do the basics of what basic people want for a computer to do really.

And I don't even want winshitting 10.. I tried it for a whole month, and also to see if that fucking shit Ark Survival would get dx12 support like they so vehemently promoted that they would.. the unreal engine is about the only public game engine that has some dx12 support right now.. yet ark survival still hasn't put out a working build with dx12.. and even if it had after a month of using shitting win10 I couldn't fucking stand how shit and broken it is. ....its a stinking pile of bug infested fucking garbage with the gui consistency, features and options that could satisfy only the lowest level of human retards like tom.

sure its better than winshitting 8... but my win7 setup is less broken, more usable, looks better, and best of all.. I don't fucking hate as much about it design. And I can disable updates.. hell its got less backdoor sniveling phone home processes to block in firewall aswel... its just a lot easier to be in control of the OS, win10 is like handing over the keys to your pc and data over to M$ and scum partners.

So roll on opengl next, maybe valve will pull the finger out and actually use all the fucking money they have to actually push vulcan (or whatever the fuck they call it) support for next year, windows 10 only dx12 can go fuck itself though... its the only thing win10 has of useless value right now, and Microsuck even failed at getting any games to use it on release or even months after release.. good job clap clap.

I have more respect for Sinofsky for sorting out the shit that was vista's mistakes, while win8 and win10.. are complete fucking cloud shit disasters, but i guess if you shove that shit onto as many pc's as possible, you can bet the lowest common denominator of human dumbshits will lap it up and accept it. Thus feeding into market figures and ooh everyone is using it.. No some stupid fuck clicked the update button, as advertised by microshite on how easy it is to upgrade to skyshitnet.
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple fact is if something is free you are the product. The telemetry is there to provide MS a massive trove of data to mine and profit from. Google and Facebook both do the same thing but at least they have the decency to only spy on you when logged in whereas with Win10 your only opt-out is to not switch your computer on. It has been proven it sends data back to the mothership even if you turn all of the telemetry off too.

You don't need to be paranoid to realise the connection between Win10 gathering huge amounts of data on everybody in the world and a new CISPA bill being introduced shortly afterwards that provides corporations immunity for sharing data with the US government "voluntarily".

The NSA et al wanted backdoors into everything and now they have it.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:

I have more respect for Sinofsky for sorting out the shit that was vista's mistakes, while win8 and win10.. are complete fucking cloud shit disasters,

Actually Windows 8.1 + tweeks is working much better than Windows 7. Especially on newer chipsets. Trust me.

Window 7 is still quite OK. But If you install all updates it's too slow Sad

http://www.zdnet.com/article/dear-microsoft-please-stop-breaking-my-perfectly-good-windows-7/

Tom is using his PC only for entertainment. That's why he don't care. We cannot blame him for that.

Sadly most people don't care, even security experts Sad Like TalkTalk leak last week - the company has admitted that those 21,000 customers' banking details were not encrypted.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Actually Windows 8.1 + tweeks is working much better than Windows 7. Especially on newer chipsets. Trust me. "

work better how?.. sure it will have more newer driver/chipset updates built in for fresh installs to not need any externally provided drivers.... but that shit you can slipstream onto a new win7 install.. hardly worth using win8 for.

I don't have any problems with how win7 works, its performance and actually less needed background services... I'd say its probably more efficient that win8/10. Seeing as most of those OS improvements come at a price one way or another.... the only thing win8 provides is more of the shit inconsistent gui's, a bloated ribbonified explorer interface, and a garbage fucking looking metro abomination startmenu of shit I don't care for.. did I mention I shit looking flat default visual style? at least win7 has Aero glass still working without needing tweaks.. I'd rather spend time on tweaks that add to an existing good starting base.. not spending time doing tweaks on a shit os just to get it back upto what the previous OS had built in and working from the start.

I mean I could go on.. its just junk to me, I use enough shell extensions to not need any winblows update past win7 for the forseeable future as they offer no new features that are worth a damn...win10 taskmanager is even more fucking useless than win7's.. they stripped out custom columns.. I mean win10 is like having to use every other thirdparty software because all the built in core OS stuff has gone to shit.

directx api is literately the only thing M$ has ever hold over me and most gamers on forcing OS updates.. and personally I think the game industry are making the move to not give a fuck.. as you can see both Unity and Epic have not curtailed to pushing dx12 support in fast at all. Unity shoved back dx12 support until next year now that's how much of a not give a fuck about rushing to provide it they have.

The only thing not getting ass to gear is Opengl who have been slacking behind and doing everyone in the industry a disservice. I'm sure with MS opening sourcing .net for other platforms and trying to embrace linux to get more of there shit onto other platforms is just a sign of things to come.. MS are not in the business of trying to provide a good desktop workstation themselves anymore (And seeing how many 1000's employeees they have that seem to accept and like this garbage design they going in I'd say they kiss there jobs good bye in the next 5years).. they've all been helping to lobotomize the windows platform down to the levels of other shitty desktop OS's like crApple and various garbage linux distro's that have more bugs and issues than winxp, and for the past 5years MS have really been pushing themselves downhill.... they now seem be in the business of data gathering and selling you shit and selling you the fuck out, while providing absolutely piss poor software, features, customizing etc etc etc yadda.

no thanks
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
"Actually Windows 8.1 + tweeks is working much better than Windows 7. Especially on newer chipsets. Trust me. "

work better how?.. sure it will have more newer driver/chipset updates built in for fresh installs to not need any externally provided drivers.... but that shit you can slipstream onto a new win7 install.. hardly worth using win8 for.

It's much faster than Windows 7 Sad I've compared it and I couldn't believe my eyes (the same system Windows 7 vs Windows 8.1).

If you install Windows 8.1 + startisback, you won't see Metro Smile I hate metro interface too.

Yeah, Windows 7 SP1 is pretty much OK..fresh install. Since you install all patches from Windows Update, it's totally fucked up. Unfortunately, you have to install security patches because malware. I mean you need security updates...it's not possible to completely ignore them all Sad

Another thing. It's easy to maintain just one PC. It's much harder to maintain networks Sad
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone read Monster Hunters International by Larry Correia?

https://www.goodreads.com/series/45313-monster-hunter-international
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Correia

I've just finished book #4. It's pretty cool! Personally I quickly figured out that Larry's books were just a roller-coaster in a funhouse...don't over-analyze them just enjoy the ride!

Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran out of popcorn before I could read through all that.
Let me pop smore...
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows is the delivery system, the actual crack is games and corporte apps. If Windows is marginalized, they no longer have a way to sell their highly overpriced apps and stuff to corporations. People stopped upgrading or slowed it way down with 8.1 vs 7, so now they want to make sure they drag everyone along.

If they can simultaneously force all the telemetry and nonsense down people's throats then that's great for them.

Apple also gives away their OS - and in their case, the crack is the overpriced hardware, the OS just enables it.
Mojoman
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS is not putting a gun to your head asking you to install Windows 10. You could buy a Mac and stop whining and focus on your productivity instead. I got my first Mac in 2007 and never looked back.

Just 5% of Mac equipped employees call IBM's internal help desk for assistance, versus 40% of PC users.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/10/15/only-5-of-mac-users-at-ibm-need-help-desk-support-compared-to-40-of-pc-users

If you can't afford a Mac, install Linux. There's plenty of options. I recommend Fedora.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojoman wrote:
MS is not putting a gun to your head asking you to install Windows 10.

No. they just annoy the bejesus out of you unless you upgrade.
Mojoman wrote:
You could buy a Mac and stop whining and focus on your productivity instead. I got my first Mac in 2007 and never looked back.

Apple for productivity?
That's a first!
You're kidding, right?
I work in IT oursourcing. The call volume has nothing to do with how productive your computer is.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said a troll/koogle bait article and comment. Hilarious that after my post it brings in king of the fucking trolls Koogle. Sorry didn't waste my time reading your trash bipolar rants. Nothing wrong with Win10 been using it in the workplace and at home. Runs excellent without issue. Only a fucking yapping retard is going to sit there and continue to rant and spew BS about a good OS that is also being well received. You will be on it whether you like it or not eventually. And like at least one person with a brain said, if you don't like it go get a fucking Mac and shut the fuck up.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
You will be on it whether you like it or not eventually.

Meh.
Heard that before.
Skipped all the bullcrap releases so far, will live without this, too.
By the time I'll need it, EU representatives will have leaked enough privacy information to shut this shit out of the EU anyway.

If you think you're any safer with Apple, think again.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

hx I have no idea why you have slowness issues on win7 after updates.. that's just odd, but different setups different issues, my issues with OS are not performance related, and more todo with with ui/ux design, software, security, bugs.

Well, I'm talking about tens of computers I've tested/installed. You even compared Windows XP and Windows XP SP3 ? You would be surprised how faster the original Windows XP was ....

From an end user standpoint, every update you apply technically has the potential to slow down your computer, depending on what they change and what your configuration is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: