Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Hitman launches March 11 [40348]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Hitman launches March 11 [40348] Reply with quote

Io Interactive has released new details on their new episodic Hitman game, announcing that it will launch on March 11th, 2016. This initial release will feature three locations - Paris, Sapienza and Marrakesh - featuring six campaign missions. Moreover, 800 targets will be available in the game's Contracts mode. IO Int

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge Hitman fan and when I heard of what they are doing I didn't want to get this game.
WHY release it bit by bit? It sounds like a beta testing thing not a final game thing.
Now they've delayed it. I think I might cancel my preorder.

WHY do game devs announce a release date but no games ever come out on that date? They always get delayed or they do come out in Alpha format (Assassins Creed Unity)
How about the game companies announce the game and NOT give it a release date till they know they CAN finish it by then? There are a few games like that, Mirrors Edge Catalyst did that. They announced the game and gave it a release date when it was out of alpha and into its beta testing time.

About Hitman, the weekly missions sound like a way to suck us into getting it half finished and they hope it will keep us happy while they finish it around us playing it.
I think I'll cancel my preorder and wait for it to be released on disc and finished. I DONT want to pay for an unfinished game like 90% of games released these days.

How can you tell if the disc you brought is a half finished game? DAY 0 PATCH. IF it was finished there would be no need for any patches on launch day.
The way they are releasing Hitman there will be many updates proving my theory that its in Beta format with 3 levels finished and playable and you will have to wait for them to finish the rest of the game and release it bit by bit.

Yea, I'm going to finish posting this then cancel my preorder and wait for it to be finished and buy the disc. I'm not going to support any game davs in releasing beta software pretending its finished.
zarlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:
I'm a huge Hitman fan and when I heard of what they are doing I didn't want to get this game.
WHY release it bit by bit? It sounds like a beta testing thing not a final game thing.
Now they've delayed it. I think I might cancel my preorder.

WHY do game devs announce a release date but no games ever come out on that date? They always get delayed or they do come out in Alpha format (Assassins Creed Unity)
How about the game companies announce the game and NOT give it a release date till they know they CAN finish it by then? There are a few games like that, Mirrors Edge Catalyst did that. They announced the game and gave it a release date when it was out of alpha and into its beta testing time.

About Hitman, the weekly missions sound like a way to suck us into getting it half finished and they hope it will keep us happy while they finish it around us playing it.
I think I'll cancel my preorder and wait for it to be released on disc and finished. I DONT want to pay for an unfinished game like 90% of games released these days.

How can you tell if the disc you brought is a half finished game? DAY 0 PATCH. IF it was finished there would be no need for any patches on launch day.
The way they are releasing Hitman there will be many updates proving my theory that its in Beta format with 3 levels finished and playable and you will have to wait for them to finish the rest of the game and release it bit by bit.

Yea, I'm going to finish posting this then cancel my preorder and wait for it to be finished and buy the disc. I'm not going to support any game davs in releasing beta software pretending its finished.

You are right , sadly there is no passion in game devolopers eyes anymore halfbaked releases lots of dlc
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the question is, why did you pre-order? Sounds a little desperate to me. You're a huge fan = Pre-order? I'm a big fan of Hitman stuff but I'm not fucking crazy enough to give anyone money upfront. No way, not anymore, not for years. Now it's wait for release, read reviews, read support site then decide. This game sounds like they really don't/didn't know what people wanted and thus why there was that big huge survey.
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
I think the question is, why did you pre-order? Sounds a little desperate to me. You're a huge fan = Pre-order? I'm a big fan of Hitman stuff but I'm not fucking crazy enough to give anyone money upfront. No way, not anymore, not for years. Now it's wait for release, read reviews, read support site then decide. This game sounds like they really don't/didn't know what people wanted and thus why there was that big huge survey.

I can see you've never pre-ordered from PSN. You DONT pay until the release so I've pre-ordered and I will cancel it after the beta gets released and before game release.
Thats why I pre-ordered, I get bonuses like Beta tests and extra things like that. and anyone who is a huge fan of any game would pre-order it.

I'll change my pre-order from PSN and go to the shop and pre-order it there. That'll be the final disc version and it''ll cost me $5 until again release date when I pay the final amount. And as I pre-ordered there too I'll also get the extras for pre-ordering it.

I'm not a fan of purchasing beta games thats why I wont buy it the way they are trying to pass it off, as finished but episodes. I hate that.
Anyone thats playing "Life is Strange" will agree with me that episode release sucks. They are taking twice as long to release the final part of the game so we are waiting for no good reason. It should've been finished but no, they are finishing it as we are playing it, just like what they want to do with Hitman. NOT a good way to do business. What happens when us gamers are waiting for the disc version to get released and the game devs dont sell many of those episode versions? Are they still going to release the disc version or cancel it?
And now they've delayed it 4 months. Is that added onto all the release dates or is there no more episode release version? The disc version was supposed to get released 4-6 months later so what now? Is the disc version 8-10 months later now?
NakedFaerie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarlin wrote:
You are right , sadly there is no passion in game devolopers eyes anymore halfbaked releases lots of dlc

I think the worst things ever for the gaming industry is paid DLC and In App Purchases.

DLC was a thank you for purchasing and playing the game. It also was made AFTER the game was finished and released. These days they make a game, cut it up and sell it in pieces called DLC. Its NOT DLC, its part of the game and they are forcing us to pay more money for content most likely already on the disc so we already own that content but have to pay again to play it.

IAP is for those rude money hungry, "we dont care about games all we care about is money" game devs. It sucks and I recommend whatever IAP crackers for your device. I wont name them as I dont want those asshole game devs to put anti iap crackers in their apps. Keep it the way it is and I'll get my IAP for free, the way I do now. FU.

I miss the days of Doom, Quake, Quake 2, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, etc where there was no IAP and DLC was a thank you and free and not part of the main game. Back then Multiplayer was also fun not like today.
Back then the campaign was 100% finished story and games didn't need day 0 patches. These days games always have day 0 patches, released in beta format, missing 30% of the story as thats now paid DLC, parts are only accessible via IAP, Story doesn't make sense unless you go to a website and read for hours (Destiny) and thats IF there is a campaign to start with (Rainbow Six Siege has no singleplayer campaign).

Game devs have lost what its like to be a real game dev. They are all now only in it for the money and its showing and it sucks. What a pity Hitman has now been stung by those bastards too. Ruined what was great.

Rant over.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NakedFaerie wrote:

I can see you've never pre-ordered from PSN. You DONT pay until the release so I've pre-ordered and I will cancel it after the beta gets released and before game release.
Thats why I pre-ordered, I get bonuses like Beta tests and extra things like that. and anyone who is a huge fan of any game would pre-order it.

No only those who buy into the hype. I get invites to beta's etc all the time. I scrutinize what I waste my time with. No I don't pre-order. If they have a beta sure.. just like Seige, just like Dying Light, just like COD.. sure I'll join a beta, but pre-order to be in beta? Pfft. Like BF4, it will eventually be open beta for everyone, no need to pre-order. Again, I don't fall for hype. When the game is released or after Beta is done I'll decide then and there to buy or not buy.

NakedFaerie wrote:

I'll change my pre-order from PSN and go to the shop and pre-order it there. That'll be the final disc version and it''ll cost me $5 until again release date when I pay the final amount. And as I pre-ordered there too I'll also get the extras for pre-ordering it.

Half the time what you get is what everyone gets after the game is realeased.

NakedFaerie wrote:

I'm not a fan of purchasing beta games thats why I wont buy it the way they are trying to pass it off, as finished but episodes. I hate that.
Anyone thats playing "Life is Strange" will agree with me that episode release sucks. They are taking twice as long to release the final part of the game so we are waiting for no good reason. It should've been finished but no, they are finishing it as we are playing it, just like what they want to do with Hitman. NOT a good way to do business. What happens when us gamers are waiting for the disc version to get released and the game devs dont sell many of those episode versions? Are they still going to release the disc version or cancel it?
And now they've delayed it 4 months. Is that added onto all the release dates or is there no more episode release version? The disc version was supposed to get released 4-6 months later so what now? Is the disc version 8-10 months later now?

Sounds like HL2 episodic releases... didn't go for it then, won't go for it still. Never have, never will. However in terms of Hitman, being you say you are a big fan, this is what fans asked for. For a continued life for the game, more content etc. As that story kept making headlines a lot of people said, "what???" "how many hours of play? is there an ending?" and thus they put out a huge survey and likely found that based on "real numbers" that people don't want episodic releases. The game idea and release will remain but I believe they are working on a bigger main story now based on the fact a lot of people aren't interested in episodic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: