Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Star Citizen is free for the weekend [39160]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I have a GTX 580 (about on pair with that AMD card).
Not very keen on picking up a new card until they're so expensive.
Most games play just fine in 1920*1200, with medium or high setting.

it's not on par with that, it's almost twice as fast. 560 is faster than that 7770...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5541/amd-radeon-hd-7750-radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition-review/11
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks.
Seems I was looking at the wrong AMD card.
Back to wondering how will my card fare with this game...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Oh, thanks.
Seems I was looking at the wrong AMD card.
Back to wondering how will my card fare with this game...

not very well. As I see it, nothing bellow gtx970 fares well. Fortunately, I don't care about this game at all. It lacks immersion, at least to me and for now. I also don't see why they design spacecrafts to be aerodynamic since there is no air in space. They could have done so much more with ship design instead of designing airplanes for space.

The game I am anticipating is Limit Theory. Far less demanding, very immersive and good looking with open world design and live universe.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Satr Citizen Runs like crap Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Ironman1957 wrote:
I have AMD FX-6300 oc'd to 3.8
8 gig ddr3
HD7770 1 gig mem

The game ran like crap. Couldn't even play it. Massive freeze ups when I ran the game. I think this game will not be playable unless you pay for top of the line system. Won't even try it again.

Well, that's a weight off my chest.
Most games that wants to delivery it all usually fail, so I expected that.

You're talking as if it's a finished game and not something that is not even remotely done with tons of debugging code and unoptimized.
Of course it's expected.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Satr Citizen Runs like crap Reply with quote

El_Coyote wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Ironman1957 wrote:
I have AMD FX-6300 oc'd to 3.8
8 gig ddr3
HD7770 1 gig mem

The game ran like crap. Couldn't even play it. Massive freeze ups when I ran the game. I think this game will not be playable unless you pay for top of the line system. Won't even try it again.

Well, that's a weight off my chest.
Most games that wants to delivery it all usually fail, so I expected that.

You're talking as if it's a finished game and not something that is not even remotely done with tons of debugging code and unoptimized.
Of course it's expected.

Look, we get it that you either backed it or payed for early access but consider holding back a bit. Here is why: as game (not just this one) grows, it gets more demanding, not less demanding. Best thing that can happen in the end is that they optimize it to the level where it run fine where it was much smaller. If they go beyond that - kudos to them.
The matter of the fact is, by the time this game is released, gtx980 will sell for 100-120$ (used or maybe some old stocks). Star Citizen ain't coming before 2016. They work very slow, they are full of cash, cash that they never had, they are having a good time with their money and taking it slowly and it's ok because they realize that it is better to release it when most people can play it on mid-range PC then to have a Crytek Crysis 1 scenario. There is DX12 on the way etc.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Satr Citizen Runs like crap Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Look, we get it that you either backed it or payed for early access but consider holding back a bit. Here is why: as game (not just this one) grows, it gets more demanding, not less demanding. Best thing that can happen in the end is that they optimize it to the level where it run fine where it was much smaller. If they go beyond that - kudos to them.
The matter of the fact is, by the time this game is released, gtx980 will sell for 100-120$ (used or maybe some old stocks). Star Citizen ain't coming before 2016. They work very slow, they are full of cash, cash that they never had, they are having a good time with their money and taking it slowly and it's ok because they realize that it is better to release it when most people can play it on mid-range PC then to have a Crytek Crysis 1 scenario. There is DX12 on the way etc.

Well said.
Though 100-120? I don't think it will ever go that low - they'd rather take it off the market and trash it.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will be able to find a new product with similar performance in mid range price or a used card. You can go out now and find a used GTX 680 very cheap because gtx 770 trumps it @~220, even 760 for even less cahs, and you can even get a used 770 with warranty for under 200$. There is a lot of used radeons 280x for less than 140$ (most are from bitcoin mines) some of them with warranty.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a 960 for $200 brand new if you look. Radeon? Ewww..
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
You can get a 960 for $200 brand new if you look. Radeon? Ewww..

I definitely wouldn't buy 960 for 200$, it's too much money for it. I'd rather tolerate much faster 280x for a while until I can get something green in the line of 970 for 200$
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: