Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will offer free DLCs [38429]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will offer free DLCs [38429] Reply with quote

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will receive free downloadable content through a uot;Free DLC programuot; that will begin on February 25th, which is one day after the title's official release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. A total of 16 pieces of free DLC are planned to be released on a weekly basis that will be deli

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD Projekt RED has also shared the following small FAQ via a press release:

Q: What do I have to do to receive the 16 free DLCs?
A: The only thing you need to do to receive the 16 DLCs is purchase The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. All of the DLCs will be available for free on every platform (i.e. Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4).

Q: Do I have to pre-order to get the free DLCs?
A: No, each piece of content will be available for download regardless of you buying the game before or after launch on February 24th, 2015.

Q: I have the standard version of the game (i.e. not the Collector’s Edition). Do I still get the free DLCs?
A: Yes. You get the 16 DLCs regardless of the version of the game you bought (i.e. standard or Collector’s, digital or physical).

Q: What’s the plan? When can I expect the DLCs to be released?
A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game’s launch February 24th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on February 25th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on March 4th, the next on March 11th, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters — Yennefer of Vengerberg.

Q: Where can I find out more?
A: You can find more details on www.thewitcher.com. At this moment, four DLCs (two bundles) are revealed. The remaining DLCs will be unveiled each week after launch.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I basically never pre-order - usually I can wait just fine and get the game when it's released.

This one, though? Pre-ordered on GOG.com. No DRM guaranteed, huge game of the year potential and now they're doing DLC the way DLC is supposed to be done - as added extras at no cost to sweeten the deal.

These days DLC is often obviously finished alongside the game and then taken out so they can be sold at prices above the full retail you already paid for the game... very nearly a scam. But not this time. Looking forward to February.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why call it DLCs then?
Just build it into the damn game - it was probably ripped out from there in the first place.
Seems like a marketing gimmick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: