Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TitanFall beta is now open to all [36676]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: TitanFall beta is now open to all [36676] Reply with quote

So you wanted to play Titanfall but did not get any beta code for it? Well, that's okay as Respawn's Vince Zampella has just announced via Twitter that Titanfall's beta phase will open up to everyone!

Ok, just heard from @jonshiring. His words are 'Let's break it', so the plan is to make the beta fully open and have

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steel Battalion would be superb if they would re-do it with modern graphics and release it on PC (I hear they have got the SB controller working in Win7 in other games) The only reason I still have an old original xbox is because I picked up the original Steel Battalion SP and MP and full mint condition 1st edition controller and pedals for £20 many years ago in a secondhand games shop. Quite incredible the amount of information and realistic information in the VTs. Titanfall doesn't have a look in when I comes to originality.
I remember I was amazed when I fired a kinetic sabot round and the sleeve discarded and the round took an age to hit the enemy- complete with impact shock wave. Even more when they modelled ricochet at distance.
I still have fond memories of mechwarrior and Heavy Gear. Don't give a monkeys left nut about MP, more interested in a good SP story and experience.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya you remember the first spark from the caveman days.. Rolling Eyes who cares.

Game is fun, very balanced to me but needs more players though. 12 or 16 aside would make for an even more fun match. I think the maps can take it. PC should not be treated as the n00b'sole.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when do mechs have arms and more importantly, HANDS? This is Transformers. The only arms mechs have are weapon platforms, MLRs on shoulders. Etc.
HUGE cannons built where arms should be. There is nothing original about this game, it's just jumping around like fucking Quake... Mechs have never moved around at speed, apart from smaller mechs that strode as they moved, but still couldn't jump like the garbage in this. they are supposed to be TANKS! Give the impression of power and size. They overheat when firing lasers, cannon rounds or missiles. The fucking gun that they fire in Titan should have rounds the size of PEOPLE and be able to blow concrete away! Instead of just plinking off it....

Caveman game indeed..... Overhyped and pathetic.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, baby sucks at game and it's bad. Awwwwww!!! Want a tissue console boy?

Game is a lot of fun and it's being very well received.

Only caveman here is you grandpa. Pathetic comes to mind when I think of you, very true. Now go back to your n00b console and play your Sonic the Hedgehog game. Leave PC gaming for real gamers.

-

Mechs with hands makes sense, mele, clearing debris, opening things. They just got to put it in game. I am hoping they add more functionality to the mech's like mele but since it's a beta right now, I'm sure the topic will come up. If not it certainly doesn't take away from the fun. I have yet to see one person belly ache about the game other than you. You are an old man, the gaming years well beyond you. Go grab a siesta. Face reality.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOl mechs with arms makes sense... yeah to you. When did Mechwarrior, Mercenaries, Heavy Gear have HANDS!? Jesus, next they'll give them GIANT keys to open doors!! This nothing more than
Transformers!

What are you talking about, I want this game? I D.O.N.T think sooooo..... I'm not the remotest interested in loading junk like that on my PC or playing with BF -or the like- rejects online for what exactly, Tom? I haven't played online since RTCW, that's how LONG.....
You? you're still trying to break out of puberty or something hormonal imbalanced that is affecting you? Why do you still need a server full of 17 year old to make you feel like a man??

I have no interest in anyone for online or MP gaming, my interests are my own and regularly meet up with friends i've know for nearly 20 years (Military Simulations) from all over the world at Airshows.

your comments are -always- a big yawn.

Rolling Eyes
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not open beta, that's a stress test. Open beta is when you open it up to the public and LEAVE IT OPEN.
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
LOl mechs with arms makes sense... yeah to you. When did Mechwarrior, Mercenaries, Heavy Gear have HANDS!?
Rolling Eyes

Actually, most models in Heavy Gear had "hands" and discrete weapons like rifles, launchers, melee weapons, etc. In the very earliest iteration of Battletech, there were several 'mechs with "hands" and discrete weapons. I have a copy of BattleDroids, which is what Battletech was called on release. I purchased it at a convention in Austin in 1984. After a lawsuit from George Lucas, the name was changed. Likewise with the "hands" on the 'mechs after the anime-tards sued them.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they never had 'real' hands which is my point. I own all mech retail games. Every game at some time during dev had many features which never made it.
Titanfail has the most stupid 'hands' I've seen. Why pilot a mech with a human when the mech is human.... Doh. The inside should be full of instrumentation etc. to make it 'Mechanical' -the whole point Rolling Eyes
Instead we have a man climbing into a giant man... It turns and moves like a giant human, there's no mech about it, it's more an exoskeleton. Think ripely in Alien in this http://www.chillertv.com/sites/chiller/files/Aliens.jpg

Where is the heat sinks? The modular weaponry? The missile racks on the shoulders? The long range combat?? What are humans doing within the vicinity of -supposed- huge weapon discharges, shrapnel etc.
Would soldiers be within 1 mile of an A-10 strafing run pumping out milk bottle sized depleted uranium shells? Erm nope, no chance. The GAU-8 Avenger is approx 20ft in length http://mygunculture.com/size-matters-2/ think 'mech' weaponry.
It's just plain rubbish....
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ This! Did none of you ever play Battletech TT back in the early 90s? Thats REAL MECH combat and only a slim few PC games came close. On Console.. Gahhh! Brain-dead game-on-rails meant-for-attention-challenged-lugans entertainment I wouldn't REMOTELY trust to piss the right way on the toilet.

TitanFall we could see a mile+ away just looked like another kind of Crysis Mech Mod for quickies WITHOUT ACTUAL MECHS but with facking ghey power suits. This isn't REMOTELY about Mechs but just 3-4 Storey Powered Armour for Dummies fighting in a small limited non-destructable environment any mod devs could have done themselves. Mad
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a wonder they never made an M1 Abrams transformer, in this. It's just so pathetic..
Call of Duty, on stilts..... Rolling Eyes
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really just a very pretty massively over-priced team-based arcade power-armour deathmatch for kiddies which actually could have just been a mod from another capable game out there right now. Adding bots was kinda odd considering the PC industry has been moving away from those to encourage full on player matchmaking and to force online-only play. With TitanFall I can see modders trying to hack the bots to make them smarter so you can play single player against all smarter bots. Wink Too bad the game is sooo beyond shallow under the hood...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: